Part 55

Note: Places, Names, and Events used in the book are pure fiction.

"You what?", Sunny asked, I know she was smiling widely just by the way she sounded.

I rolled my eyes. "Come on, would you help me?"

"The La Grandiose?", she asked, repeating the name of the restaurant Tyler and I went to yesterday.

"Yah. Yah.", I answered. "Can you give me a ride?"

"Woah. That's a really good restaurant!"

She's not even listening to what I'm saying!

"Sunny!"

"What?", She laughed.

I groaned in frustration. "Can you give me a ride? I don't want to go with Tyler."

I don't want to spend more time with him. I'm afraid he might do crazy things like bringing me to another Michelin-star restaurant.

But I'm more afraid of myself. Seeing him reminds me of some unknown feelings.

I'm not a teenager anymore to deny it. I know what's happening. So, it's better to stop it right now. It did not end well last time.

"Why? Did Tyler do anything bad to you?"

I wouldn't say bad. I just don't like him treating me this way. I might misunderstand his gestures.

"All you did was eat Lunch with him.", She said grinning.

I snorted. "You forgot that we ate Lunch in a really really FANCY restaurant."

She laughed. "I still don't see anything wrong with that."

"Sunny!", I warned.

As expected, she just laughed at me.

"Alright, alright. But I still can't give you a ride."

"Just this once?"

It's raining heavily and I would have to take the subway if ever.

"The restaurant's busy. I'm really sorry. I can take you some other time. How about the weekends?"

I sighed and caressed my forehead.

"I think I'll be done by then."

"How about Van?"

"I already thought about that but he's also busy. Especially now that he's in the hospital. I think his nephew is in critical condition. I talked with him earlier. I don't want to add to his problems."

"That's bad news.", She said.

"It is."

Sunny and I said our goodbyes after a while. I have no other choice. Let's just finish this freaking paperwork on our own.

I also need to buy new doorknobs for my room and Mum's room. The old ones are not working fine.

I took my umbrella and was on my way out. I opened the door and was about to lock it when I noticed a man's figure in my peripheral view.

I jumped and looked at him.

"For fucks sake! Tyler! What are you doing there?!"

He laughed, amusement written all over his face.

"I'm sorry. Did I startle you?"

I frowned at him. Isn't it obvious?

He laughed. "Sorry, I thought you were already gone and are just waiting for the rain to stop but it doesn't look like it's gonna stop anytime sooner."