Part 37

Best of friends?

Van and Tyler?

Is that even possible?

The thought itself seemed like a joke. They have been like this since forever.

I was not able to ask Van about the details. I don't want to be nosy. I'm curious but as the saying  goes... curiosity killed the cat.

Why do I care, anyway?

I shouldn't care... right?

I mean, if my mind's fixed to going to Oxford, then I should care less. I'll be leaving this town soon anyway.

Well, I'll miss Mum. That's for sure. I'm sure she won't come with me. Besides the fact that her work's here, she's also about to start a new life with Peter.

A new life without me.

Thinking about it already makes me feel empty. What if she forgets about me?

Nah. Mum wouldn't do that. I just hope she really won't forget me.

It's been days since I last saw Tyler. They said he's still in the hospital and might not make it to finals. I know how much he wants to finish this year that it also saddens me.

I, on the other hand, is doing my best to secure the Oxford scholarship. I need to stay on top. Doing that would give me the Oxford scholarship. Ghad I'm so excited! I can't wait! It's already impossible to enter Oxford and having a scholarship from them is a jackpot.

I need to do everything to secure that spot.

I also haven't heard from Van. After what he told me last time, I can't help but think... what happened between them?

I heard few knocks on my door before mum opened it. "Sweetie, Sunny's here.", she said as she widens the door to let me see Sunny.

"Hey, can I copy your notes? Ugh, my notes are trash!", she said as she enters.

"Thanks mum.", I said.

She looked at me like she was about to say something but then she just nodded and closed the door.

What was that???

After what happened in the hospital, Mum persistently asked me why Tyler and I had a fight. Of course I tried my best to avoid her questions. I told her that it was just a misunderstanding between me and Tyler but she won't buy it.

In the end, she let go of the topic. She told me I should get easy with Tyler. Considering the fact that he just had an accident.

If only she knew.

I also noticed that Peter's visiting mum less often. Which is really weird cause Peter used to visit mum every now and then.

He's literally glued to her.

Wait...

Could it be?

Have Tyler... no. He wouldn't do that.

But what if he did?

"Are you okay?", Sunny asked when she noticed I suddenly went pale.

"Uh, I don't know. I... think I'm in trouble.", I said with a hint of panic in my voice.

What if Tyler really told his dad?!

"What? What do you mean?", she asked and put down the notes she's trying to copy.

I bit my nail.

"Mum's acting weird lately. You know the incident at the hospital, right. I know she'll ask questions but recently, it's as if... she wants to tell me something. Like, she knows my secret."