Part 53

"I mean, you're beautiful in my painting. But it's more breathtaking seeing you."

I looked at him incredulously. Gosh, this guy got some guts.

I chose to ignore his antics. I continued walking down the stairs.

A girl in a red dress bumped me when I was on my way to the mini bar. I looked at her and saw her walk toward Tyler. There are a lot of people in the living room which might be the reason why she bumped me.

At least say sorry. Geez.

I stopped myself from raising an eyebrow when she tugged Tyler's arms.

"Tylerrr~How are you? It's been ages!", she said in the most disgusting and irritating voice I have ever heard.

Argh. Her voice reminds me of what Tiff used to call Tyler during high school. Awful memories.

I groaned subconsciously at the thought.

Tyler looked at me. I immediately turned my back on him but I also saw how he wiggled his arms off her and walked towards my direction.

Oh, I don't care. I'm just mad at that girl for bumping me. Who does she think she is?

"There you are.", Sunny said when she saw me. "I've been looking all over the place for you!", she playfully hooked her arms on my right arm.

We sat at the bar counter.

"Oh, Tyler toured me around the house."

Her lips turned to an "O" and it immediately shaped into an evil grin.

Everything that she does looks evil. Even when she's smiling. It's scary.

"He just showed me the place. Stop thinking something funny."

"Oh, I'm not.", she said grinning.

I rolled my eyes at her. I just had to.

"Hey.", Tyler said from behind us. We both looked at him. I can see the girl in the red dress a few meters from him.

She's frowning with her arms folded on her chest. She turned and walked out to who knows where. Looks like someone's not having a good time.

"Are you guys staying for dinner?", Tyler asked after sitting beside me.

"It's already 6 pm. So I guess we are.", Sunny answered him.

"Isn't Henry going to get mad?", I whispered in her ears.

She smiled and whispered. "It's okay. He knows. After all, he got his vitamins yester—", I nudged her to cut her off.

She really doesn't know when to stop.

We talked for another hour about random stuff. There are new foods brought out to the garden. There are still a lot of guests coming in and out.

It's Peter's birthday after all.

We were already on our way to get our dinner when Van arrived. He joined us and told us that he won't be staying for long.