Part 18

"Having fun, four eyes?"

"What the heck Tyler?", I ask as I try to take his hand off me.

"What's happening here?", Sunny butted in but they ignored her.

"Tyler, what are you doing?", Van said, his brows furrowing.

Van doesn't look amused. This is the first time I see this side of him. He looked pissed.

Tyler threw daggers at him.

"You, tell me. What the fvck are you doing, Van?"

Van raised an eyebrow at him and tried to take me from Him but Tyler was fast enough to pull me.

"Can't you see we're dancing?", Van said.

"I'm not blind.", Tyler said smugly.

"Tyler, you're hurting me!", I said wiggling my hand but he did not budge.

I saw Tiff stood from her seat and walked towards Tyler. He passed a quick glare at me before putting her hand on top of Tyler's hand which was on my wrist.

"Ty, stop it.", she said calmly but Tyler only shoved her handoff.

Tiffs' eyes widened in surprise.

Ha! Serves you biatch!

"Let go of her, Tyler.", Van said in a warning tone.

Tyler smirked and took a step forward, moving his face closer to Van as if asking for a fight.

"Or what?", he asked. "Are you going to steal what's mine? This girl is mine.", he whispered.

His words made me wince in pain.

I'm not just some girl.

What does he think of me? Some shtty jewelry that can be stolen?

Something that belongs to him? Is he serious?

That's it. I had enough of this sht.

With all of my strength, I pulled my hand from Tyler.

I pointed to his chest and whispered, "I. AM. NOT. YOUR. PROPERTY."

I made sure the others can't hear us. Maybe, Van heard it but Sunny and Tiff did not. They might misunderstand us so it's better to keep it that way.

Especially when all eyes are on us.

After that, I left them and walked out of the bar.

——

The rest of the week went pretty fine. Nothing unusual or worth noticing happened so far. Tyler and Van were avoiding me, which is great.

Sunny asked what happened so I told her that Van and Tyler were drunk and they fought over some trivial things. Tiff, on the other hand went back to annoying me.

But it was nothing serious. So it's fine.

Argh.

I just want to live a peaceful life, that's all. I don't know why Tyler's avoiding me.

Maybe because of the upcoming exams? I'm pretty busy myself so I didn't notice a week has already passed by.

I hope he doesn't bother me until graduation. I already made my decision. I'm going to stop whatever it is between Tyler and me. I'll endure it until graduation.

After that, I'll move to the farthest city and study for Uni.

I was scribbling on my notebook when I heard mum knock on my door.

"Sweetie?", she called.

"Yes, mum?", I asked as I continue to scribble on my notes.

"Can you get dressed and come downstairs? Peter is here for dinner.", she said. The tip of my pencil broke as I accidentally pressed it on my paper.

Oh no.

Peter's here.

I looked at the door.

"P-peter?", I asked anxiously.

Mum usually tells me ahead of time if there would be any meeting with Peter and Tyler. This is so sudden!

I swallowed the invisible lump on my throat.

"Ahh, I guess T-Tyler's busy preparing f-for the exams?", I asked carefully.

Please don't say Tyler's here. Please don't say it.. I waited dreadfully for mum's reply.

"Nah. Tyler's here. I'll go now. We'll wait for you in the dining hall, sweetie.", she said and left.

——

I looked at Tyler who was obviously avoiding my eyes.

Is he mad or embarrassed? Well, if he's embarrassed then he should be!

He said I was 'his' without blinking an eye. He should be embarrassed of himself.

And if he's mad, then who gave him the right to be mad?

I should be the one to get mad. Not him. He thought of me as some item or material that can be owned.. Something he can take possession of.

But he's wrong.

"How's school Tyler?", mum asked why she chew her salad. My mum is health conscious so she usually eats veggies or salad during dinner.

She wants to maintain her curvy and fit body. For someone who's already in her forty's, she's really in shape.

Tyler looked at her.

"It was fine."

"I've heard your exams are coming."

"Yes, it's just around the corner."

Peter wiped his lips before talking. "Unfortunately, Tyler got an F in Mathematics, last time."

"Dad.", Tyler whispered, trying to stop his Dad from talking.

Peter mouthed "what?"

I stifled a laugh and looked at Tyler. I received a terrifying glare in return.

I averted his gaze and looked back at my plate.

But I can't stop smiling.

He received a fvcking F. That's really funny.

"Really? How about you guys study together?", Mum suggested.

"Hmm. That's actually a good idea.", Peter said.

My eyes widened in surprise.

"A-ah, mum. I d-don't really do s-study groups."

I peeked at Tyler who doesn't seem to care.

"I can study on my own dad.", he said.

I thought he was going to agree with his dad. Wow, that's a first.

"Yeah, that's right. That's why you got an F last time. Because you were studying on your own.", Peter said without looking at Tyler. He continued cutting his steak and looked at me.

"Can you reconsider my request, Krysh?"

I know he just wants Tyler to have better grades. And if Tyler can't get at least a B this coming exams, then he might not make it into college.

I sighed.

"Alright. I'll help him study."