Part 28

"Can't we go with Aunt Sophie?", Sunny whispered as she scoot closer to me.

I moved to my left and bumped over Van's shoulder. I gave him an awkward smile and tried to push Sunny back. I still find it weird to sit that close to Van so I'm trying to keep space between us.

"We can't. Mum and Peter are with their other friends."

She folded her arms on her chest.

"Argh. If only I know how to drive. We wouldn't be here.", she mumbled.

"I don't want to be with you either.", Tiff snarled at Sunny.

Sunny looked at Tyler and Tiff who were in front of the car. Her eyes rolled upwards. It was obvious that Sunny don't like Tiff. She bullied us after all.

"No one's asking for your opinion.", Sunny rebut.

Tiff just rolled her eyes and did not say anything.

As much as I'd like to go with mum, we don't have enough space as her other friends are also tagging along.

It would be weird if her friends ride in Tyler's car so she proposed we hop into his car instead. I was skeptical, but I have no choice.

Sunny and I don't have a car or a license to start with. Mum would also think it's fishy if I decline the ride.

Van, on the other hand, has a car but it was already agreed that we'll use Tyler's car for the travel since it's going to be more convenient.

"It's alright. You can come closer since the car's not that big and we don't have enough space."

Err, I was keeping a distance on purpose.

I didn't have enough time to speak cause Sunny already pushed me to Van's side.

Van laughed.

These past few days, unlike before, Van's being himself. No pretenses, or maybe because Tyler's not around? I know there's something between him and Tyler. Something from their past?

I'm curious but I don't want to be nosy. That's their problem, and I'm out of it.

Tyler looked at us through the rear-view mirror before starting the engine.

His eyes were accusing. As if I made something wrong.

What? Why are you mad? You have Tiff right beside you! Are you jealous of Van? You shouldn't be!

I looked at Tiff who was busy putting some makeup on.

Psh. Seeing her still makes my blood boil. It's not just Sunny who wants another ride, I also don't want to be in the same car with these people.

But as I've said, I don't have a choice.

The ride to the venue would take us three hours so we left the house at around 6 am. The engagement party would start at noon so it's better to arrive early.

Sunny dozed off after an hour. She's been like this ever since. She's always sleeping on our travels.

"Ty, can we stop at the next gasoline station? I'd like to take a leak.", Tiff said in her usual girly voice.

Argh. It makes me want to puke. Can't she talk normally? That's not how she talks with me.

I rolled my eyes and chose to scroll on my phone. My eyes hurt just by seeing them.

"Alright.", Tyler answered.

As bitter as it may sound, I wish Tiff trips to the party later so everyone makes fun of her.

Argh. That sounds so mean but that's what I want right now.

I sighed.

"Aren't you sleepy?", Van asked when she saw Sunny sleeping.

"I'm fine.", I said and continued scrolling on my phone.

"You can lay your head on my shoulder if you want."

My fingers stopped as I look at Van. He smiled at me, his warmth radiating.

Oh.

I blinked at him, my cheeks starting to burn.

"I-It's okay. I'm not sleepy."

"Are you sure?", he asked.

"Y-yeah.", I uttered.

"Alright."

He smiled and leaned back on the chair, closing his eyes to get some sleep. We're still two hours away from the resort and maybe getting some sleep is not a bad idea.

The rest of the afternoon would surely be exhausting. So I guess I'd also take a nap. But it's really hard to sleep when you're sitting in between two people.

I looked at Van. Contemplating whether I should accept his offer. But we're not that close!

Should I go for Sunny's shoulders?

"I can feel your eyes on me, you know.", Van said and opened his one eye to look at me.

I looked away, embarrassed that he caught me.

Ghaaad. I shouldn't have stared at him.

"Sorry."

He laughed and I was surprised when his hand guided me to his broad shoulders.

"You can sleep on my shoulders.", he said, his voice calming. I closed my eyes and dozed off.

Van's different from Tyler in every aspect. I can't help but compare. Maybe liking Van would make my life easier.

But sometimes, life doesn't go the way you want it. You can't control whom your heart likes.

You can either make the right choices or make the wrong choices right.

I woke up when Tyler stopped the car at a gasoline station. I looked at Van who was already fast asleep. He looked peaceful.

His skin is so clear, does he have flaws?

Tyler's eyes were on me when I looked at him.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

Watcha looking at?

Tiff was already out to take a leak and Sunny was also sleeping so he had the chance to talk to me.

"Can't you change seats with Sunny?", he started.

"And why would I do that?"

"You're flirting with Van."

Argh! The nerve! How dare he?!

"I'm not like you. Someone who'd flirt around every chance he has."

"I'm not like that.", he said silently.

"Yes, you are. And what do you care? I can like whoever I like, Flirt with whoever I want."

His lips pursed into a thin line.

Oh boy, I made the lion mad.

"Are you doing this on purpose?", he asked in a menacing voice.

"Doing what?", I asked back in my snarky voice. Not wanting to back down on the conversation. I won't let you win this time Tyler.

"Are you making me jealous?", he asked silently.

"Cause fvck, I can see red right now, Babe."