Part 45

"Can I walk you home?"

I blinked at him.

Oh...

There's nothing wrong with a friend walking me home.

But he's not a friend.

He's someone I dearly loved from my past.

And it's also a bit awkward now that he had brought up the past.

I laughed awkwardly. I scratched the back of my head.

"Uhm, there's no need for that."

"I insist."

"It's okay. My house is just a few blocks away."

"It would still take you thirty minutes to go home."

I looked at the few cars passing by. If only I could hop on to one of these cars so I can leave now.

"It's actually... getting late. You should res—"

"Exactly. It's getting late. The more I need to walk you home.", he gave me a bright smile.

Ugh. Can't Tyler take a hint? I don't want to spend more time with him.

Why is he so persistent?!

I sighed in defeat. I can't do anything to stop him can I?

"Alright.", I said and did not wait for his response before I turned to walk towards my house.

I heard his soft giggle before he ran to catch up to me.

I glanced sideways at him. He's smiling like a Cheshire cat.

He opened another bear from his plastic and offered it to me. I grabbed it and took a sip. Nothing beats a cold beer for an exhausting night.

"So, what are you up to tomorrow?", he asked and I shrug.

"I'm thinking of renovating the house.", I said before a drank the beer and emptied it.

Am I turning into an alcoholic? I remember having two cans of beer before would already make me drunk but right now, I could drink up to five cans before I get drunk.

I'm still sober.

"Lots of work to do, huh?"

"Yeah. We've been out of the country for seven years. Some things need to be repaired. I'm also thinking of repainting the walls of the living room and kitchen.", I said.

He opened a can of beer and gave it to me.

"Thanks.", I mumbled as I grab my third beer.

"Do you need help? I could help you.", he asked.

I looked at him and smiled. It's nice of him to ask but Nah.

"Thank you. But I'm good. I appreciate it."

"Just tell me if you'll need an extra pair of hands. I'm more than willing to help. I'm strong you know.", he joked and even flexed his biceps.

I laughed at his foolishness.

"I'll let you know if I need someone who could lift heavy things.", I kidded and we both laughed. The awkwardness is now gone.

My phone rang in the middle of our conversation. I fished my phone out of my pocket and looked at the caller ID.

It's Van. I swiped up the green button and answered the call.

"Hey, what's up?", I started.

"Did you have your dinner?"