Part 12

Here I am telling myself that I'll avoid Tyler but my mum ruined it with just a blink of an eye.

If only I could say no. But that would make things more complicated. They would ask questions that I could not even fathom answering.

It's better this way, pretend things are okay and just go with the flow.

I only have one day before weekends and I don't even know how to deal with things with Tyler. He's all over the campus. I've been running my ass off for the entire day just to avoid him.

And, what Tyler said yesterday was still lingering in my mind. Did he try not to cross the line? He's been crossing the line this entire time!

And his eyes.. why did he look like a lost puppy when I left him?

It doesn't make sense. That time, I felt different.. like he's not playing tricks on me. I felt that he sees me as someone special.

Oh c'mon, stop dreaming Krysh. I scold myself.

Argh.

I saw how he kissed Tiff. It was different.

He likes her.

On the other hand, He's just fvcking with me.

Doesn't he had enough? Is he having fun toying with my emotions? I don't even know why he's doing this.

If it's not because of mum, I would have kicked his ass already.

As if you could do that. A voice inside my head says.

I sighed.

Somehow, I successfully avoided Tyler throughout the day.

Mum and Peter would be with us tomorrow so I just need not be alone with Tyler, or else, who knows what can happen.

The rest of the evening went pretty fast. I would do anything to stop the time but of course, I don't have the power to do that.

It took few minutes to get to Tyler's house. Their house was just around the corner so it did not take that long.

Peter greeted us with a delightful smile.

"Sophie, hon.", he rushed to my mothers' side and gave her a peck on her cheeks.

I saw how my mum's face turned red, like a high school girl talking with her crush.

I smiled but there's a part of me that doesn't want to see what's in front of me.

"Krysh.", he said acknowledging my presence. I smiled at him and tucked a few strands of my hair at the back of my ear.

I was feeling lazy so I did not bother to put my hair into a bun or something. My black hair extends up to my waist which makes it a little difficult to tie.

"Hi, Peter.", I greeted him back.

"Just call me dad. It'll be a matter of time before we become a family.", he said with a wide smile. My mum glanced at me, she did not expect that as well.

Somehow, his statement made my stomach swirl, not in a good way, but the opposite.

Fvck that.

He did not wait for my answer, he escorted mum inside their house and I followed them. Tyler was sitting on the couch when we enter their living room.

"Hi, Tyler. How's school?", my mum greeted him as soon as she saw him.

He stood up and smiled at mum.

"Pretty normal."

"Please look after Krysh for me. She can be clumsy at some times.", she said.

"Mum.", I mumbled, asking her to stop.