Part 48

"Henry's mad.", Sunny started as soon as I opened my door for her. She walked to my couch and slouched on it.

I closed the door behind me and walked towards her.

"What's wrong?", I asked and sat beside her.

Well, it's the only couch I have in the living room right now. It's been three days since we painted the living room and I still haven't got the time to put the things back where they first were.

I guess I'm just too lazy.

"We fought.", she snorted and looked at me. "He said I've been spending a lot of time with you and I go back home late at night blah blah blah."

I laughed at her as she explain with her hands.

"Well, that's quite true. You're always here."

She looked at me and rolled her light blue eyes.

"Come on, dude. It's been years since I last saw you. And I've been living with him for 3 years now! Of course, I would like to spend some quality time with my bestieee, duh. Don't you feel the same???"

"Alright alright. Calm down.", I said laughing. "I'll get some refreshments for you to cool down," I said and stood up.

I went to the kitchen to get some cucumber juice and some cookies too.

"Do you think I should divorce him?", she said as soon as I sat down beside her.

I looked at her incredulously.

"Can you hear yourself?"

"Loud and clear."

"You're crazy."

She took a cookie and bite on it.

"I'm just asking yah know. You're the attorney here.", she said with a mouth full of cookies.

"Maybe I should have gotten you a coffee instead. Maybe that'll wake you up."

She grinned.

"I'm kidding.", she shrugged. "Maybe in the future."

I raised a brow at her and she laughed. "I remember asking you the same thing before you went to Oxford."

"What?"

"Asking you to be my lawyer if I file for a divorce."

"Shut up.", I said and just laugh it off.

"By the way," she took a sip of her juice before continuing. "Tomorrow's Peter's birthday, right?"

Oh yeah. I almost forgot about it.

"Are we still going?", she asked.

"I mean... I already said yes to Tyler. But I still think I shouldn't be there."

Sunny nodded slowly.

"But hey, it's been 7 years already. It's all in the past now."

"I know. I just... whatever. Maybe greeting him and staying for an hour would be enough."

"I'm just in for the food.", Sunny said grinning and I had to roll my eyes at her.

All she thinks about is food. As if she doesn't own a restaurant downtown.

We talked a little bit more when her phone rang so she had to fish it out of her pocket. She frowned upon seeing the caller ID.

"Hello?", she answered.

"I'm at Krysh's house... yeah, again.", she paused and rolled her eyes. "Why do you have to check on me every other minute? It's annoying!"

She stopped and scowled even more. "I'll go back after an hour.", she said and dropped the call.