Part 17

I've heard the song a thousand times already. I heard the radio play it, a party I attended, and by some random strangers on the street.

I've always thought of it as cringe and corny song but right now, I thought it was sexy.

"The songs funny. Do you still want to dance?", Van asked.

I guess we have the same thought. But knowing Tyler's looking at us changes everything. I don't care whatever song it is playing. I just want to dance with Van and let Tyler see it.

There's a part of me that wants to know how Tyler would react. Would he be mad? Jealous even?

I would like to know.

I held Van's arms and said, "It's okay."

He looked at me for few seconds, as if thinking if it's okay before he nodded.

Sunny shooed us and went back to talking with the bartender. It looks like she likes the guy.

"Do you know how to dance?", Van asked, looking amused when I just swayed my feet left and right.

I smiled sheepishly at him.

"Actually.. I'm not good at it. B-But I'm also not that bad at it!", I said defending myself.

He laughed and patted my head.

He took my hands and wrapped them around his shoulders.

"W-what are—"

"Let the pro work.", he said and held my waist. He then leaned closer and whispered, "Now, sway your hips."

"W-what?!", I asked in shock.

He giggled.

This is the first time I noticed his brown eyes. They're captivating, very different from Tyler's black vermin eyes. Tyler's eyes were as cold as the ice, always piercing thru my soul.

While Van's eyes were soft, brown eyes.

"Come on. Learn from the Pro.", he said talking about himself.

It's no secret that Van is a great dancer. He's a member of the elite dance troupe of the campus, after all.

"Seriously?", I asked looking at the crowd of people who doesn't seem to care.

"Look at them..", he said looking at the people surrounding us. "Do they look like they give a sh*t?"

I sighed in defeat.

Alright.

I gently swayed my hips but Van shook his head.

"Not like that. Like this.", he said and moved his hands to make sway the way he wanted, like a stripper in the club.

It made me embarrassed, so I moved away from him.

"What the heck was that?"

"It's the dance appropriate for this song. You're not a bad dancer after all.", he said complimenting me.

I don't need his sweet words. Who wants to dance anyway?

I was about to get off the floor when I saw Tiff beside Tyler. Tyler's not taking his eyes off me, while Tiff looks irritated.

This is my chance, right? To get back at them?

If I happen to get Tyler jealous, Tiff would eventually get mad. I'll be hitting two birds in one stone.

The question is.. would he be jealous?

I looked at Van and clung my arms on his shoulders.

"Alright. Let's do it. But I'll tell you what to do this time."

Van grinned and tucked few strands of my black hair at the back of my ears.

"You're pretty when you get mad. Is it because of Tyler?", he said taking a look at Tyler and Tiff.

Why does he always know my secrets? Is there anything he doesn't know?

"Shut up and hold my waist.", I murmured and he does as he's told.

We swayed as the music played. I looked at Tyler and even though I can't see him clearly, I know I'm getting into his nerves.

I turned my back at Van and faced Tyler.

"What are you doing?", Van asked but I ignored him.

I pressed my body against him and clung my arms to his neck.

Like a psycho, I moved my hips against him and danced with the music.

That's right. Stare at me Tyler. Make Tiff insane because you have the hots for me.

I felt Van stiffened, so I looked at him to tell him to relax.

"How can I relax when you're rubbing against me?", he whispered.

Our eyes locked and I saw in his eyes what I saw on Tyler's, desire and temptation.

He held my waist and I almost squealed when he buried his face on my neck.

That's when Tyler had enough.

He stood up and dashed towards us. Grabbing my arm, he shoved Van and said,

"Having fun, four eyes?"