Part 44

Story plug: Guys please read my new story "Your secret is safe with me"(R-16)

———

Has it been seven years? Looking at Tyler now, it's as if everything just happened yesterday.

I don't have feelings left for Tyler. After all, seven years is a long time to love someone whom you can't see and talk with.

But Tyler will always have a special place in my heart. He's my first love after all.

"So, what brings you back to town?", I ask when he opened the door for me.

We were both surprised to see each other. No one expected we'll ever meet again.

I thought it would be awkward but it's the opposite. He answered all my questions with ease.

We decided to go for a walk to catch up with our lives. He's thrilled to hear that I'm already an attorney. He congratulated me and I did the same for him.

I learned that he pursued Business Management just like Sunny and is now helping Peter run their business. He moved out of town and is managing their branches out of town.

"Dad asked me to come.", he looked at me. "It's his birthday next week."

I mouthed "Oh" and nodded slowly.

"I see. I already forgot his birthday.", I said.

He laughed gently.

I know it's weird but the way he talks, the way he moves, and even the way he laughs... he changed. A lot. It's like I'm talking with a different person. Gone is the 18-year-old Tyler who doesn't care about anyone.

The only thing that didn't change is his face. He still looks devilishly gorgeous.

"I wouldn't expect you to remember it. He's just someone you knew in your past.", he said and glanced at me as if gauging my reaction.

I faked a laugh. "Don't say that. He was still good to me after all."

He just smiled and shrugged.

"So...", I started again to kill the silence. "Are you going to help with the celebration?"

Instead of answering my question, he said, "I like your hair now. It suits you. You look good in short hair."

I touched my hair and unconsciously tucked the strands at the back of my ears.

"Thanks.", I said quietly.

"But something's missing.", he said and stopped in his tracks. He even put his hand on his chin to act like he was thinking.

I have to also stop walking.

"What is it?"

He was staring too much that I had to break our eye contact.

"Oh, right! Your glasses.", he said with a serious tone.

I looked at him to see if he was joking and when he didn't say a thing, I laughed.

"Are you serious? Gosh, that's so seven years ago. I'm now wearing contact lenses.", I said and pointed to my eyes.

I was taken aback when he scooted forward to look in my eyes as if checking the lenses. That's when I notice that his appearance did change. His features are more defined now. Especially his jawline, he looks like a man now.

Well, he's probably 25 now just like me. What do I expect?

"Hmm. You're right. I just kind of miss the glasses.", he said and smiled. He continued to walk and it took me three seconds to recover.

Come on, he just misses the glasses. That's all. I marched towards him.

"I'm going to help Dad with the preparations.", he said when I reached him.

"Hmm?"

He glanced at me. "Your question before, if I'm going to help him with the preparations. The answer is yes."

I nodded as I do not have anything more to say.

I thought that would be the last thing we'll talk about and there would only be awkward silence between the two of us until we reach their house but then he asked,

"When are you going back to Oxford?"

"Hmm, I would be staying for two more weeks...", I think I shouldn't have said that. I'm also a fool to think I saw a glint of happiness in Tyler's eyes. "But, if Mum needs my help, then I'll go back immediately."

"Why are you here anyway?", he asked and opened a can of beer. He offered me one and I took it from his hands. I made sure our hands won't touch.

"I'm selling our house."

He looked at me in shock. "What?", he asked in disbelief.

I smiled sheepishly. "You heard me."

"But why? Do you need money? I could lend you some."

I was surprised by his offer. Why would you lend money to someone you haven't seen in seven years?

"Thank you for the offer, Tyler. I appreciate it. But I'm, I mean, Mum and I... we do not need money. The truth is..."

Wait, should I tell him we're not planning to go back here? What difference would it make if I tell him? He can't do anything about it anyway.

"Krysh?", he prompted. Oh, hearing him say my name brings back a lot of memories.

"The truth is... we're planning to stay in the UK for good."

Silence.

"I see.", he said casually.

It looks like he already expected it. Well, I didn't expect to get any reaction from Tyler anyway.

"How's it there?"

"Well, It's not like home. I mean, I grew up here. But it's fine, the people are nice. Mum's also happy."

"Glad to hear that. My dad made a really big mess back then. Just because...", he looked at me, contemplating if he was going to continue his sentence.

I smiled at him.

"It's okay, I understand. Mum should've told him that she can't bear a child. But Mum didn't deserve what he did."

He nodded in agreement.

"My dad's an asshole for that.", he said and we laughed.

The last time I remember, he doesn't have a good relationship with his father. Did those seven years mend their relationship?

Well, who knows? I don't want to poke in and ask questions. Tyler and I are not even close friends.

We continued to stroll the neighborhood. We also passed Van's house. His truck is parked outside and I think Tyler noticed that but didn't comment on it.

"Hey... I know I already said sorry for what I did, seven years ago. But looking back now, I really am an asshole back then and I just want to say I'm sorry.", he said out of nowhere.

I'm not expecting him to bring out the past. I guess it can't be helped. I'm also dying to know where Tiffany is but stopped myself from asking questions.

I smiled awkwardly. "That... err, it's okay. It's all in the past now. We're good."

I tried to make my smile appear genuine but I think I looked weird. Thank ghad we're already in front of their house.

I should go. Yeah, before everything gets more awkward.

"Alright, I better go now. It was nice talking with you, Tyler. See you when I see you!", I said and waved at him.

I turned my back on him and was about to leave when he grabbed my wrist.

"Can I... walk you home?"

————
🙈 Hope you guys liked the chapter!

I'm fully awake right now lol, unlike the last chapter where I typed it half asleep.

Please leave your comments and hit the 🌟 below!