Part 11

It was sweet, unlike our first kiss. He was gentle this time. He tucked a few loose strands of my hair behind my ear and held my back to pull me closer.

My heart's fluttering and I don't want to stop. We exchanged kisses and gasp for air when we stop. I looked at him thru my lashes.

Ghad, this guy's gorgeous. Why haven't I noticed it? His black hair compliments his pale skin.

And those lashes, they're even longer than mine.

He gave me a smug smile and I felt my heart sunk.

Fvck. This is bad. This is bad.

"Tyler!"

I automatically pushed Tyler away from me. I tried to compose myself and looked at Tiff who's running towards us. We were behind the car so she did not saw the "kiss".

Thank goodness.

"Krysh..", Tyler whispered when I moved away from him. His voice sounded like he's in pain.

I didn't like the way my heart reacts. It's betraying me. It's betraying mum.

"Tyler, why did you left me?", Tiff nagged as soon as she came. She looked at me and I received a glare.

"I should.. probably go.", I said. My eyes did not miss how Tiff clung to Tyler's arms.

Ghad, it irritates me. I just want to pull her hair and drag her.

"I'll take you home.", Tyler insisted but I shook my head. Tiff's already glaring at me and I don't wanna make her madder.

"Just don't tell mum about Van. It's not true after all."

I took a last glance at their tangled arms before I left and went straight home.

It's not clear to me if they're dating. But they kissed, doesn't that mean they're dating? Also, Tyler did not push Tiff when she held his arms.

Fvck.

My head ached as if it's about to split open.

Thinking about it, why did we kissed? Does that also mean we're dating?

Ha!

What am I thinking?

Argh! I'm going insane.

But, honestly..I did.. liked it. I can still feel his lips on mine. It was my "real" first kiss. And it felt like I was on cloud nine.

Sht. What am I saying?

Argh. We should not be doing this kind of thing. After mum and Peter get married, we can't continue this kind of relationship.

I'll be calling his father "dad" and we'll officially become a family.

The thought itself is making me feel bad. Am I developing feelings for Tyler?

I shook my head.

No, no, no, no. I should avoid him at all costs.

"Krysh, sweetie?"

My trance was interrupted by mum.

I looked at my clock hanging on top of my pink door and saw it's past 5 pm.

I guess she's here to give me some snacks. She usually gives me a juice and cookie at this time of the day.

I stood up and opened the door for her but to my surprise, it's not food she's Carrying but a bouquet of pink and white tulips.

Uhh, I'm sure it's from Peter.

Her gentle smile was radiant, that it only make me much more guilty.

"Mum..", I mumbled as she enter my room and sat at the edge of my messy bed.

I just arrived and I haven't even changed from my uniform.

"Look what Peter gave me.", she said in excitement.

I can see he gave you tulips. That's quite obvious mum.

But of course, I did not say that.

I smiled and sat beside her. My mum's in her early 40s but she looks younger. There are few visible age marks but that only makes her more beautiful. More regal.

"I'm happy for you, mum."

Liar. A voice at the back of my head says.

She smiled and put the flowers down on my bed.

"Thank you, sweetie.", she said holding my hands. "Thank you for understanding me. I know this will change our lives and I'm thankful you're supporting my decisions. I don't know what I'll do if you opposed my marriage."

I gave her an awkward smile and cleared my throat.

"Mum.. w-what would you do if, I-I don't want you to get married?"

She looked surprised and was not able to answer my question.

Fvck, Krysh. what were you thinking? Why would you say that?

I averted my gaze and let out a fake smile. I just hope she doesn't notice it.

"Err, uhmm. I'm just curious.", I said and smiled at her.

I almost sighed in relief when she smiled at me.

"Well.. I don't know. But.. you're much more important to me that I can give up my happiness just for your sake.", she smiled dearly at me but it only made my guilt worse.

I love my mum so much that I can also bury my feelings for Tyler for her sake.

I hugged her. "Don't worry mum. There's no need to cancel the wedding. You have my permission and I want you to be happy."

Yes. For my mum, I'll do everything to forget my feelings for Tyler. There's no other way.

"Thank you, sweetie. Anyways, I'll get you some snacks. Just wanted to show you these.", she said pointing to the flowers.

She kissed my forehead before picking the flowers up.

She was already on my doorstep when she stopped.

"By the way..", she started.

"Hmm?"

"We're going to Peter's house this weekend. He's inviting us over dinner."

Oh sht.