it's embarrassing.

So embarrassing how I tell my other friends about him, when he's clearly interested in someone else.

Everyday I hear him rant about her, how pretty she is, how funny she is and how much he's wants to be with her.

And I don't say anything cause what am I supposed to do?

He's my best friend, i'm supposed to be supportive and happy for him.

I should be happy he caught feeling for someone even if it isn't me. But it's hard.

We've always been number one to each other but i'm starting to feel like a second option.

Everyday . Everywhere . EVERY LITTLE THING he finds a way to bring her up.

GOD it's irritating.

But I still listen.

It's pathetic , I know.

"Sorry to interrupt Stokes, but I need to let my mom know if we're still going to the arcade tomorrow" I said looking up from my phone hoping to change the topic, A shocked looked crossed his face as he folded his lips in.

"Sorry I have to cancel, Mariah wants to hang out tomorrow" he said putting his hands in his pocket as we walked down the side walk.

I fell silent as those word left his lips, of course it has something to do with her.

The memory left my mind as I heard Stokeleys voice from next to me as we were taking a walk, "I hope you don't mind Mariah coming with us later to the fair" he said finishing his ice cream cone.

At this point I just had enough.

I really did.

I walked up to the near by trash can throwing out my ice cream cone, "What's wrong?" he said looking at me as I walked past him.

"I'm tired" I mumbled as I heard footsteps trailing behind me, "oh well, Mariah say-" I let out a groan as her name left his mouth again.

"CAN YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HER?" I shout making a confused face "ITS ALWAYS ABOUT MARIAH WITH YOU STOKELEY" .

"MARIAH ISNT FEELING WELL"

"MARIAH THIS"

"MARIAH THAT"

"ITS ALWAYS ABOUT MARIAH"

"I HAVE TO CANCEL MARIAH WANTS TO HANG OUT"

"YOU REMEMBER THAT WHEN I SPENT MY WHOLE SUMMER WORKING TO GET IS TICKETS TO THAT CONCERT?"

"MARIAH ISNT AT  SCHOOL TODAY IM SO WORRIED"

"AND YOU NOTICE SHES ALWAYS RIGHT NEXT TO YOU,...it's pathetic"

I said letting out a sigh following the rage filled words that I just said as tears filled my eyes, before I could process what was going on or before he could get a word out I started to walk home.

I felt 10x better letting all that anger out my body, even though I feel guilty but I needed to let him know I was tired of it.

Maybe yelling at him wasn't the best Idea but it was just a in the moment type of thing, the tears streamed down my cheek.

I'm glad we didn't get far from my house because I didn't feel like walking anymore, it was chilly and it was like 7:00 .

I felt my phone ring in my back pocket, I knew it was Stokeley and something deep down wanted me to answer it.

But I ignored it, I'll let him suffer just a little bit. Just to spite him.

Vote

Comment

Sorry it was short