𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞

I stood in the front row as I watched my best friend get married , The snowflakes fell on my eyelashes and in my hair as I heard my heart shatter in my chest.

The tears brimmed my eyes as I watched the Marriage officiant read the book, he looked over at me and I gave him a thumbs up .

My heart ached as I heard them read their vows to each other, that should be me reading my vows to him..but it's not.

They looked so happy with each other, I let out a sigh which turned in to frosty air. I love him so much but it's too late to tell him, here I am Standing in the cold in a long navy blue dress watching my best friend get married to someone.

The person who knows what I think about, the person who means everything to me, the one who I love.

The words ringed in my head and my heart

"Speak now or forever hold your peace" , I have no more peace and I don't think speaking up would give me peace..at least not right now.

"I do".

I felt his mom wrap her arm around me as I watched them kiss, I started clapping and wiping my tears.

I clenched my jaw as they walked past us into the building, I looked at his mom and she looked at me.

"Awe don't cry baby" she wiped my tears, Did I feel shitty for crying over a now married man? Yeah, Did I feel shitty for have the married man's mom wipe my tears? yeah.

But was gonna feel shitty for not showing up to my best friends wedding? Yeah , so either way I was gonna feel like and asshole so I might as well be a supportive asshole.

His mom ushered me to the building along with everyone else, hearing the snow crunching underneath the pressure of my foot was the only satisfying thing.

————

I was heading to my car cause I thought it was about time to leave , I said my congratulations and I gave my gifts , hell I even gave the bride a hug.

I just don't wanna be there any longer , cause I was soon gonna burst into tears. My heels clacking on the concrete satisfied my nerves until I heard footsteps behind me.

I looked over my shoulder to see Stokeley following me "Y/n , wait!" he shouted.

My hands went colder than they already were , a frosty breath left my mouth. He got a little closer and I fully admired him.

"What's up?" I said hiding the cracking in my voice "What's wrong with you?, you haven't been acting normal" he tilted his head.

Fuck.

"I'm good stokes, you know I don't do well in the cold" I lied , and I think he knew it was a lie but I don't care. "That's not it, when I looked at you earlier I knew something was off" he pouted.

I looked down at his hand to see his ring, I bit them inside of my cheek. "Everything is fine, shouldn't you be inside? It's your wedding after all" I said trying to push him away.

"I'm not going back to my wedding without my best friend, now can you tell me what the hell is wrong with you?" he said a little frustrated.

"Stokeley i'm fine, go and enjoy your wedding with your wife and family . Don't worry about me" I said looking him dead in his eyes.

"Look at you Y/n! You're about to cry." He shouted .

"And what about it?" I snapped

"And what about it? Y/n you're my best friend, you're leaving my wedding crying and won't tell what the fuck happened" he practically yelled.

"Can you shut the fuck up??, I'm sorry I didn't wanna ruin your big day by having a breakdown at a table by myself. You're irking me to tell you but I can't"  I stared at him .

He seemed frustrated and upset, "What is so important that you have to his from me?" he looked genuinely hurt, I didn't mean to hurt him but if I tell him he's gonna be hurt as well.

"I just don't wanna ruin things" I mumbled "Your feelings are the only thing that matters right now" he sighed grabbing my arms, "I'm sorry for yelling but can you please tell me?".

"I love you" I sighed.

"Oh y/n I-" I cut him off before he could continue

"No not like that, I love you..love you"  his face fell neutral as he realized what I mean, "you love..love me?" he repeated.

I nodded my head as we looked at each other,

"I'm sorry Y/n, but I can't return those feelings..at least not anymore" he sighed , "What do you mean 'not anymore'?" I questioned .

"I love you too, but i'm a married man now." he grabbed my hands .

"Seriously??" We heard a shaky voice say from behind, Stokeley turned his head to see his wife standing behind him.

I looked at her and then Stokeley, "Listen-" I tried to explain but she cut me off.

"If you didn't want me then why?" She shouted, Stokekey quickly let go of my hands "I'm sorry" he apologized.

But in reality I should be the one that's sorry, If I had just kept my emotions in check this wouldn't be happening.

Vote

Comment