7•1•23

- I kicked off my shoes letting out a sigh as my aching feet touched the floor, I couldn't even bother getting food right now I was too exhausted, I'll eat in the morning.

- I walked upstairs lazily pushing open my bedroom door, I didn't even bother turning on a light either as the street lights illuminated my room perfectly fine.

- I walked over to my dresser and opening the top drawer, I looked up the mirror feeling my heart drop "WHAT THE FUCK?" I stumbled back.

- "Hey mama" ,  I placed my hand over my chest trying to calm my heart. "Stokeley you can't just show up in someone's house and sit in the fucking dark? Are you crazy?!" I shouted at him

- "I didn't mean to scare you ma, I just wanted to visit" he said getting up out the chair I had in the corner of my room. "Well you did, what the fuck do you want?"

- "I said I just wanted to visit" he trailed off looking at me and around my room, "You know you don't have to do this"

- I let out a sigh turning around and throwing off my shirt, "You don't gotta work like this, killing yourself, working all hours of the day and night barley making ends meet, I told you I got you."

- "I don't need anyone to 'got me' cause I got myself" I said taking off my jeans sliding on some shorts.

- " Did you forget everything I said? Everything I have and I'm doing is for us?"

- I rolled my eyes "Well while you were doing all of that I realized I actually liked working and providing for myself" I looked at him through the mirror while putting my hair back.

- " You mean killing yourself"

- "Whatever the hell you wanna call it"

- "Mama, I've been watching you; You work 2 full time jobs in the week , the first one starts at 5 am and you get out at 1 and the second one starts at 2 and you get out at 10 and sometimes if you feel like it you'll pick up an extra shift at that diner you work at and you also work 2 part time jobs on the weekend. I don't like my baby working like that" I scoffed walking into my bathroom.

- Stokeley followed me but didn't enter, only resting on the door frame. "That's creepy if you ask me" I said pouring micellar on a cotton pad.

- "That's not the point, I just don't understand why you don't let me help you." he sighed.

- "I kinda like being independent" I started removing my makeup. "When was the last time you saw your friends?"

- "What friends?" I rolled my eyes. Stokeley knows good and well I don't have friends, I never had friends and I really don't for see me having friends.

- Stokeley just stopped talk and I can't tell what he's thinking, This kind of reminds me of when we used to be together. I'd come home and Stokeley would watch me undress as he got dress to go to work.

- Stokeley never liked that lifestyle, he always said he'd get us a better life.

- Stokeley and I have a complicated relationship, we never really broke up but we don't really act like a couple either. Stokeley sat me down and told me he's gonna get a better life for us and I just need to trust him.

- But we still have love for each other, I have no doubt about that.

- I walked out the bathroom and got in my bed, Stokeley just sighed walking back to the chair in the corner of my room.

- "Ion understand why you're being stubborn" he shrugged, "Cause you want me to give up all my independence and rely on you, I wanna feel useful too"

- "You can have your independence with everything else, I just can't stand to see you working like this anymore." he said putting on his jacket.

- "You're leaving?" I felt upset cause I didn't want him to leave yet. "Yeah, you have my number, call me if you're not too busy" he said throwing slight shade.

- " Oh"

- "But if you ever need anything, all you gotta do is ask baby. I'll give it to you"

- He left my room and I could hear him go down the stairs.

Idek what this, I was so tired while writing this but I hope y'all enjoy