12•29•21

- I laid with her holding her close as she sobbed into my chest as the rain fell, the streetlights shined through her window being the only thing illuminating her room. My hand stroked the back of her head while I stared at her wall.

- She held me tighter not wanting to let me go and honestly I didn't have a problem with it, I wish I could lay here with her forever, with the rain falling but without her tears.

- "He's not worth it" I said softly rubbing her back.

- Her sobs got quieter and I heard her take a deep breath "4 years down the drain Stokes" She mumbled still burying her head into my chest.

- "I know , he's not worth it" I replied trying my best to comfort her, it's snot the first time she's been in this situation, and everytime i'm the one she calls..and I keep running to her rescue.

- Maybe it's because I love her more than I should , but I promise I'll be here for her no matter what.

- "You'll be okay , I promise" I spoke.

- "I know, as long as you're next to me i'll be okay" she said lifting up her head and resting it on my arm.

- That made my heart warm, As long as I have her I know i'll be fine.

- "I wish I could find a boyfriend like you, you're so..complete" she slightly chuckled.

- Then why not date me?

- "I mean i'm always available"  I said in a joking tone just incase things go south.

- "Stokes that could never happen, we're just besties" she chuckled.

- I agreed in joking tone but I felt every part of me die, I just held her feeling lifeless as I looked at her wall.

- Right, at the end of the day we're just friends..nothing more...and nothing less.

- "Thanks for everything Stokeley, I love you" she spoke with a yawn at the end.

- A dry gulp went down my throat "Of course, I love you too" I replied knowing that I love you meant so much more than she could've taken it.

- She was my first crush, I've liked her since high school. I always came to her call , yeah I got teased for it by the other guys but I love her so I always went.

- I haven't felt this feeling for anyone else, it's just everything about her that I can't stop loving. I always knew deep down in the bottom of my soul that I never stood chance, I mean look at her.

- Every guy that has dated her messed up, how could you mess up with her? After everytime she just gets back up and looks for someone else, they don't deserve her.

- Why cant anyone appreciate her?, If she was mine I'd kiss the ground she walks on, I'd treat her like the princess she is. She's so perfect to me , even with her "imperfections" she's still perfect.

- I cant explain my feelings for her, it's just something you'd have to experience for yourself, I love her a lot but it's painful to watch her be with someone else knowing you love her so much more than they do, knowing they could possibly hurt her.

- I heard light snoring and I knew she fell asleep, all that crying must've tired her out. This is what ever other month in high school was like.

- I'd either be at Basketball practice or At home and I'd get a call filled with her sobs, she wouldn't have to speak a word and I was already on my way over.

- Now we're in college and it's the same thing, Some may get sick of it but i'll always be here for her even if I know it's the same shit. Yes i'm tired of niggas playing with her heart but sometimes you just have to let people learn on their own no matter how much talking  sometimes all you can do for them is just be there.

- Whatever happens i'll be here either as her boyfriend or friend, maybe one day she'll realize but if she doesn't i'm okay with that.

- I think i'm done stressing for the night, I brought her closer and prepared myself to sleep.

————————

- " I think it's about time you tell her how you feel vro, stop dropping all these tiny ass hints. Some women like when you're straight forward about your feelings" Jahseh spoke to me sitting on my couch.

- "I don't know Jah, what if she's not feelin me like that?" I said pacing back and forth.

- "No offense but then she's dumb, I know she's your home girl but you're dead ass chasing her , ever since you've been crushing on her you having stopped, you drop everything for her, I bet if she called you right now you'd leave in a heart beat, I don't care how much a love a girl I'm not a bitch chaser" Jahseh stated.

- "I'm not doing that for her to love me, i'm doing it because I love her, everything I do for her is because I love her" I crossed my arms.

- "Tell her that nigga, you've been crushing on her since 10th grade, I think it's about time we clear the ducking air" Jahseh said looking at me.

- "What if she does like me back?" I pouted

- "Oh boo hoo, are you scared of a little rejection? what if she feels the same way but is too scared to say something? Are you going to continue to let these no good niggas fuck her over?" He raised an eyebrow.

- "You're right jah" I spoke grabbing my keys.

- "Am I ever wrong?" he laughed.

- "Many times" I replied grabbing my hoodie.

- "Riiight" he dragged.

——————

- I knocked in her door with my hood over my head and my hands in my pockets, I heard shuffling and she answered the door in some fluffy Pj pants and a white Tee.

- "Stokekey?" she questioned.

- " The one and only" I laughed taking off my hood.

- "Come in dumb ass, it's raining" she pulled me inside by my arm.

- "Why are you here?, not that I don't want you to be" she quickly added .

- I pieced together what I was going to say while I was in the car but now I just had to build up the courageous actually say it. This could severely make or break the hell out of our relationship.

- "Uhm..I" I said avoiding eye contact.

- "What's wrong?" she said concerned.

- "Uhm..I..I like you okay? I like you a lot and i've likes you since the 10th grade. I know we're just friends but I need to get this off my chest, it's been eating at me for the longest and I hope this doesn't change too much better us" I spoke not having enough courage to look her in the face.

- The room fell silent as the immediate regret fell up on me, what if I fucked up? Dammit this is what I get for listening to Jahseh.

- I should've stayed silent.

- "Stokekey I.."

Vote

Comment