12•30•21

- I woke up to pans clashing and my dog barking signaling someone was in my house, I grabbed my baseball bat and slipped out my bed.

- Walked quietly across the room to the door with my dog following behind me, I heard slight cursing and water running.

- "Kill yourself" I heard a feminine voice curse

- I know that voice, I dropped the bat as I realized it could only be my sister. Only she would say 'kill yourself' to a pot or a pan.

- I rolled my eyes as I continued to walk downstairs I could hear momma's collar jangling as she tried to keep up with me going down the stairs.

- I walked downstairs to see my sister in the kitchen holding her arm, I raised an eyebrow obviously curious to what the hell she was doing in my house especially at 10:24 in the morning.

- "What the hell?" I asked .

- She quickly looked up and put on that smile, the smile you only get when they have something planned.

- "Hey stokes, sit down I made you breakfast" she said turning around holding a plate and placing it on the counter, it was 3 pancakes eggs and bacon.

- See , she definitely wants something.

- "What do you want?"  I said crossing my arms.

- She rolled her eyes letting out a groan "Nigga just sit down" .

- I walked over to the bar stool and sat down waiting for her to speak.

- "So how have you been?" she questioned.

- "You literally saw me yesterday" I spoke starting to cut the pancakes.

- "Well I have some news for you" she tapped the counter with her fingers going from pointer pinky.

- I personally don't like the way this going, she's never done this before and hope she doesn't do this again.

- "Just spit it out, god damn" I said getting slightly irritated ,I hate  when people stall.

- "Fine, I came here to tell you she's back in town" she interlocked her fingers.

- "You have to be more specific, cause every girl that's in my life is in town already unless they were a hit n quit" I rolled my eyes.

- "Stokeley you know who i'm talking about , don't act so stubborn" she said irritated

- Why the fuck is she irritated? I don't know who the hell she's talking about.

- "Sis ion know who you're talking about so just spit it out"  I said looking up at her.

- "For gods sake Y/n!, Y/n is back in town" she basically yelled.

- I started choking on the pie of the pancakes as that name came out her mouth, fuck..I haven't heard that name in so long.

- Lord have mercy all the memories came back and I don't wanna remember them, the moments, the time we spent together. She left without an explanation, she left me hurt and for years she's just left me wondering why she left.

- "First off how do you know?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

- She scratched her head looking off to the side "I may or may not have been in contact with her after all these years".

- I stared my sister in her soul, she knows how I feel about y/n and she still kept in contact with her.

- "Just give her a chance Stoke, she came back specifically for you. She wants to explain things" She rested her hand on her hip.

- "She lost that chance to explain years ago" I said bluntly not wanting to hear what either of them have to say.

- "Stop being so stubborn Stokeley, We both know you still love her. Even if you don't show it I know you love her deep down in pit of your soul and there is NO denying that" she stated.

- Maybe she was right, maybe I do still love her but that doesn't mean she can waltz back in my life like she didn't leave 6 years ago with no explanation, no trace or anything. She can take that explanation and shove it up her ass for all I care really.

- "Please Stokeley, Just go. Even if it's not for her do it for yourself, I know you want to know what happened, I know you want closure.

- I did want to know what happened, no matter how many times I tell myself I don't care I always find myself wonder what happened and where she is now, how she's doing, what she looks like and everything.

- "Fine, where do I meet her?" I said dropping my fork.

- "EEEEE" She squealed pulling her phone out her pocket.

- "Uhh, is it cool is I send her your number?" she glanced at me?

- I nodded my head slightly rethinking if this was the right decision to make, does she really deserve my time? No i'm not doing this for her, I'm doing this for myself, I need closure.

- "She'll text you in a few hours" I nodded my head.

——————

- I sat on my gaming chair screaming at the Tv as I was playing Call Of Duty, I heard my phone buzz and reached over to grab it.

- I checked it and it was from an unknown number, I rolled my eyes about the throw my phone back on the bed but then I remembered it could be Y/n.

- I checked the text and it said "Hey are you free?" I swallowed a dry spit as that sentence brung back so many memories, the late night calls and text that sentence caused, all the late night drives and stopping to get something to eat.

- I sighed returning her text , I don't think I can do this, I can't face her again.

- "i'm busy rn." I replied putting my phone down.

vote

comment