Built Different part 2

Reynold's Lewyin POV

I have 2 sons! I still couldn't get over the joy to this day. When could they start training? I can't wait to teach them all about magic. I hope they turn out to be augmenters like their old man, I know a bit of conjuring but it was impractical and only useful as form mental exercise. 

Alice on the other hand is an extremely talented emitter. After we started dating, she joined my party and then we went on missions, her healing magic was amazing! One time she cast an area of effect spell which healed all allies inside it. And I'm her HUSBAND! Talk about lucky.

Man I never get tired saying that 

I was reminiscing of the good old day before we settled down, and the rule of the dumb for example, always assume a mana beast is stronger than the human, this is because if you take mana out of the consideration, the mana beast is always physically stronger than the human.

I made sure to tell my sons all about this life, telling everything I know so I can bra-I mean encourage them to at least have some adventuring experience. 

But what if they never awaken? What will I do if they don't awaken? It doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as they train to be any kind of mage I'll be a proud and happy father. Augmenters, when they first awaken, form a pushing force around the barrier, signifying strong mana channels in their body. Conjurers on the other hand, form some sort of vacuum around them, signaling strong mana veins. Of course, the degrees of the pushing force and vacuum depend on their either category.

I don't mean to brag but when I first awakened at the age of 12 as an Augmenter while sleeping the pushing force I generated was enough to push me off the ground by a few minutes. 

If one of my boys turn out to be a conjurer I may be able to find them a tutor.

I was brought out of my trance when I heard two explosions in my house. One inside and another in the backyard. Alice ran inside the house while I ran to the backyard. What I saw there made me nearly pass out.

My son Alex floating 2 feet from the ground. And not only that small pebbles from the debris was being vacuumed around him! 

Alex Leywin's POV

It's been over a month since I started meditating to form my mana core, and to be honest this is taking way longer than expected. I thought this would only take a few weeks not a month! Well I guess being a 4 year old takes longer than usual. 

Opening my eyes, I thought of watching dad practice to kill time, until I saw the now ruined backyard. If I was a little bit older I would probably get a stick and shout " You picked the wrong house FOOL!" but I am a four year old so I won't do it. 

But I was interrupted by my dad laughing. He was kneeling there with an odd expression on his face. 

"What in the mercy of God am I looking at right now?" my father speaking in a nervous voice

I guess I did blow up the back yard? That was until I looked down and saw I was floating roughly 2 feet from the ground? And there was also small pebbles being vacuumed below me.

'Oh me oh my'

Hey guys it's me back with another chapter. I might update at least twice a week because exams are really taking a toll on me so don't expect long chapter either. 

And here's a Tess pic to brighten your day!