Part 34

Tick tick tick... Even the digital clock had per second sound, Ram realised as the ticking slowly made a rhythm in his mind. Soon the ticks turned into hammering sounds like a pendulum making him hiss at the discomfort in his head. The hammering sounds turned to be real as his temple nerves pulsated and made him close his eyes in pain.

"Ahh..." He groaned holding his head in his palm as the headache didn't lessened but only kept on going. Pissed, he pulled the bag on his right and took out a sheet of crocin which he had kept in case of emergency. Taking it, he gulped the full glass of water but needed more. 

Clicking his tongue, Ram waited till the hammering within his head Diluted which did but not completely. He started massaging the sides of his temple where he felt the hammering and tried to ease the situation.

"Luring Men around..." from nowhere his own words came back to him. Shaking his head he stood up as he really needed another glass of water. Grabbing one from the dispenser, Ram gulped a few glasses and took a sigh.

As soon as he stepped back at the outside of his cabin, he saw her cubicle which stood unique from everyon else's. Even the moon light that entered from the glass wall at the back somehow managed to only grace it's light on her cubicle and nothing else.

"the way Ms. Sharma behaved she had this coming her way long time.." his own words to Vikram came back to him but this time, he remembered how disheartened Vikram looked when he said those words. Never has he seen Vikram feeling for someone this much.

'the way she behaved' his mind played that particular sentence on repeat, somehow. With Vikram's disappointed face on top of it, Ram pondered on his words and thoughts.

Was he to harsh with her? He is always rude and ungrateful towards her, he realised and that actually made him guilty. Ram didn't knew why was he being sexist when there's a larger number of female employees than men in his own organization.

There was something particular with Ms. Sharma that he couldn't point it or put a thought to. Everything she does ends up getting in his head. He gets to observational around her.

Amidst the sea of this thoughts of the happenings, Ram didn't knew when his headache dissolved a bit and he felt better. Was that the reason for his headache? His bad mouthing to Priya? He was surprised but then also, he didn't felt too great so decided to call it a day and move out of the office as the security guard even checked on him from past hour.

Ram gave a final look towards her cubicle which was the only one visible to. It looked lively, he could tell, her place was well organised had a minimalistic look to it as well. A smile spread across the side of his lips as he moved back to his cabing to gather his things.

--------

Tossing and turning on his bed like the usual, Ram tried for the nth time to somehow close his eyes and rest but the constant thoughts and reminders of his past kept him awake. On addition of that, his head still hammered whenever he made even a slightest movement.

Laying straight on his bed, he gazed at the seiling blankly. It was as if he was cut off from the reality and was watching his past like a movie. It was a routine for him, he totally shuts off at night and goes into his past self not letting his mind and heart settle.

"You will be successful but never satisfied in your life... You'll have all the wealth but will beg for love.."

He still remembers that morning.. that moment.. that voice. It was these words that turned true more than anything. He is successful, not satisfied, he has wealth but there's no one to love, no one's left for him to love nor love him.