Part 1

A night before.

Priya slowly walked up the stairs of her apartment, it was not that of a fortunate day that the lift worked as she waited for many minutes before the guard informed.

Climbing up 5 floors did exhausted her energy more. The priya back in her teen days would've took a deep breathe and regained her energy back but this priya she was now had a hard time. Her health was intact but she felt her aging was well back before she even aged.

Taking her keys out and giving a smile to the neighbour aunty, she unlocked the door. Her hand voluntarily moved towards the switch board near the door. Clicking random buttons, the lights came up and illuminated the hall. The hall had a couch in front, pictures adorning the wall, a small TV and a music system. She didn't knew she had a taste for music before she moved here in mumbai but now it's a necessity.

The house was a bhk for her loneself, the spacing was great, drawing hall was big, the kitchen was convenient and she had her heart and budget to this one at the first glance.

Her mind travelled back in time when she booked this house, though on rent but it was manageable.

----------

Her first salary was just in and she started asking for houses around. Being an outsider, she thought a house meant a proper place. Mumbai, the city of dreams and the hard reality check on people, slammed her down the first talk she had with the agent.

The money in which she can buy her old village house, she was getting a small hall and kitchen for that price. The first ever time she felt helpless. A kitchen and hall for herself was okay but she had a future to secure and that's what made her push herself more and look for atleast a bhk with more spacing.

Rajat, who got to know about her enquiries, gave her a helping hand. She was reluctant at first. Being reclusive throughout the month at her job, no one talked to her after she showed disinterest, little did they know, it was her insecurity and not her attitude.

Not that she had cut off talking with everyone, everyone around her had came to the terms that she is soft spoken and respected that.

She tried to deny rajat's help at first but he had his charming ways and good deals which lured her. Rajat helped her around and made sure she paid the right amount without paying extra to the agent.

The week she spent looking for the house, rajat was with her. She felt good in years talking to someone else than work. Rajat made sure she was comfortable, he even suggested he'd pay the down payment when that came up suddenly to her. She didn't knew she had to give a token amount to book the house. The area was modest and the rooms were filling fast.

She was embarrassed when she said she had no money on her, the owner asked her to pay in two days and her dream of buying the house which actually lured her seemed slipping off.

2 days later,

She sat in her cubicle and rajat came up dangling keys right in front of her.

"Your new home" he smiled at her.

She was startled to see him saying that, seeing her confused face he told her "I paid the deposit, you can shift today itself" he gave her the keys but she denied.