Part 13

Not so thankful.

-------------

'Was it that hard to say a thank you?' Priya wondered, tapping her fingers on the keyboard. She was not expecting anything but still a smile of thanking would've done to, she shrugged her shoulders.

Was she expecting? She chuckled plaintively. For her, she has no expectations and just giving is what left to her. For a girl like priya, even if someone smiles at her genuinely is heart touching, that's the reason she tries and make everyone happy around herself.

*Muffle sneeze through the glass*

She scrunched her eyes shut listening to the loud sneezes of his from his cabin. Fortunately or unfortunately, she was the closest to his cabin and that made it hard to ignore. She even glanced at him a few times to check on his condition which for her looked not so good.

'why he had to sit in the AC?' her cheeks crinkled in annoyance. She remembered how she felt a chill running through her when she first entered his cabin, he keeps his AC on 18, that to in this cold weather. She shook her head to decline any further thoughts and try and complete the task.

Yeah, they did had tasks to complete which could've been easy to be done the whole day, but none of them really looked into it and now, the team will be working overtime till they finish it.

Around 5.30 pm, she stretched her arms done with her work. It took her a while but she did pulled it off quite well. Confirming the mail to be attaching her files, she stood up and tied her hair in a bun before heading to make a cup of tea for herself.

--------

Ram looked from his laptop screen and whisked out all of the air through his body. His neck hurt with the constant posture and it took few more stretches to realise that it's not easy to get rid of the pain.

Rubbing the lid of his eyes with the pad of his thumb, he waited for few more seconds with his eyes closed and opened them after he leaned backwards on his armed chair.

The first thing he saw was how sharon was trying to juggle between two files he handed her to work on, a slight smirk appeared his face to see her distorted expression, it's easy to look sassy and pretty but being Ram Kapoor's assistant is never an easy job.

Further rolling his eyes off from work, he looked outside and straight to cubicles were a sight held his attention.

Priya was standing looking down at her screen. Her hair were let down and he was mesmerized to see the length of them, down till her small waste. Shrugging his head from the uncanny spot of her lower back, he moved his eyes upwards and took a deep breathe when she moved her hands up and ran it down the length of her strands. Her fingers digged within flawlessly and straightened her already straight hair.

Taking them in the cup of her fingers, she slowly twisted them and rolled them up in a bun. She looked around for a while for something, he noticed. Balancing her rolled up hair with a hand and she grasped around her desk and settled for a pencil instead.

He wondered what's with the pencil but was stunned when she effortlessly pushed the pencil right in the middle of bun.

Ram closed his open mouth when he realised and shook his head. It was nothing unusual or unreal what she did, but it was the first time he had seen a lady do that. His so less of female interaction in his life has been getting hard day by day as he aged, he was getting old. He sighed.