Part 36

The Happenings

---------

*Siren *chaotic yells *muffled cries made it difficult to make who's who.

There was fire at a place, an ambulance had just arrived, the fire-brigade at the side tried to put it off while the people in white uniforms looked for any casualties. They found many and soon more ambulance pooled over trying to move the injured to the hospital.

One of the guy in white uniform was making a list of the casualties around when he felt a tug on his shirt. Looking at the direction, he saw a little girl with a fresh wound on her forehead and arm.

The guy immediately took a first-aid and slowly kneeled before her.

"Naam kya hai tumhara? (What's your name?)" The guy asked, carefully cleaning her wound and assesing for any other.

"Priya" the girl barely whispered, "mera naam Karan hai (my name is Karan)" The young lad smiled back at her.

"Kitne saal ke ho aap (How old are you?)" Karan who saw her shaking in panic tried to calm her by keeping her engaged in the talks.

"Six..." She replied, "wow! Tum toh bohot strong ho (wow, you are so strong)" Karan caressed her hair.

"Tumhare mummy papa kaha hai? (Where's your mom dad?)" Karan asked when he saw her approaching from ourside of the casualty zone.

"Mummy papa" she pointed at the building that caught fire and people were panicking around it, karan gasped and was reluctant as how to speak to the child.

"Mummy papa... Mummy papa... Mummy... Mum.. M..... Ma'am!" Priya jumped in her skin.

"Yes!" She snapped her eyes to the nurse who was calling her from so long.

"Aap unke sath hai na? (You are with him right)?" She pointed at the ICU where Ram was taken in.

Priya found herself nodding in affirmation while her vision was blurred with the constant tears that filled her eyes.

"Aap kon lagti hai unki? (Who are you to him)" the nurse asked.

"Em.. employee... I work for him" Priya fumbled but did answered back.

"Please chaliye mere sath (please come with me)" The girl who sensed the panic in Priya's voice and horrified face held her arm and led her towards the reception.

"Yaha aapki sign lagegi ma'am (you'll have to sign this)" nurse pulled out a form and pointed at the dotted lines.

"Yeh.. yeh kya? (What's this?)" Priya asked.

"Consent form" nurse replied.

Priya gasped, her body went pale, "Me... Mein nahi kar sakti yeh (I can't do this)" she stammered.

"Try to understand ma'am these are necessary procedures, doctor iske bina patient ko attend nahi karenge and the patient has several injuries to" nurse stated pointing at the ICU.

How was she supposed to sign, that to on a consent form, her mind couldn't fathom the bizzare turn in events.

"Priyanka!" Another nurse came out of the ICU calling the one standing near Priya, "did she signed the consent form?" The nurse asked nearing them.

"Not yet" Priyanka replied looking at Priya.

"Ma'am please, the doctor's waiting to proceed, do it quick" the other nurse pleaded.