Part 15

"I could've managed Sir" was what she repeated for the third time now clearly pissing him. Half an hour in and the two couldn't sit straight without glaring at each other or huffing in irritation.

He still hasn't apologized, he knew but whenever he tried to speak, her sulking face irked him. The old Ram would've apologized in a second but this Ram he is now is different. He never made mistakes and even if he did, it was for his own good.

Here, the situation was similar to any of his previous one's. He wouldn't have cared a tad bit after insulting someone but somehow it was actually wrong, he agreed but How was he supposed to start a conversation was the question here.

"You travel to Pune more often?" Was his fresh attempt to which her expressions actually softened.

"I used to live in Pune" she replied calmly.

"Oh.. then why Mumbai?" He asked before his common sense would allow him to.

She did gave him a look which he dodged by looking straight at the road.

"I have a future to secure Mr. Kapoor, family to support" Her voice soft yet determined.

"Hmm" he trailed the conversation and again, silence took it's place but now it was actually calmer as the two souls together had less regret and irritation about being at this place.

An hour or so passed by, his stomach rumbled suddenly embarrassing him. She didn't reacted much letting him think she didn't heard it but she did. He scratched his temple slightly and rolled his eyes.

"Would you.." he was to say but she spoke at the same time "we can take a break" their eyes locked for a second but deflected immediately with an awkward smile.

"Didn't had breakfast" he explained and she shook her head in understanding, slightly disinterested but then his words had her heed. It's like past 10 and he didn't had his breakfast, strange.

Before she can ponder more on her thoughts, he pulled over a place which was the nearest he could find. When she got down, she was surprised to see him pulling over a dhaba.

"I know a better place, a few kilometres ahead" She tried to inform but he gave her a questioning look, "what's wrong with this?"

Looking at the quite place, she wondered if it was actually open but seeing him move she didn't said much and took her hand bag with herself, just in case.

The two settled down on the plastic tables, the guy who was on the counter saw them and came running.

"Kya lenge Sir aap?" He asked politely.

"Bhurji hogi aapke pass?" Ram asked surprising her so as the man who was amazed to see the Rich man ask for bhurji.

"Ji!" He replied "haa hai na"

"okay" Ram rubbed his hands in excitement "2 plate bhurji paav please" he asked but Priya denied immediately, "I don't want it Sir"

"Oh .. toh tumhare liye Chai!.." he said instantaneously but stopped when the Chai, brought recent memories.

"Aapke liye?" The guy broke their awkward silence, "bas bhruji" Ram smiled and scratched his forehead looking everywhere else than at her.

She just gaped at him, how was he pretending that nothing happened, she sulked. For sure it was nothing for him, she shrugged her shoulders and tried not to let it bother much.

"Ms. Priya" He took a deep breathe and decided it was high time, "I..." He tried to speak but a sweet voice interrupted them, "Chai.." they looked at the source together and a smile crept their lips immediately.