Part 64

It was quite a quiet afternoon since Vikram left like an hour ago. The plan made by the two to roam around the streets of Delhi exploring a bit was abruptly canceled when Ram showed up this morning and Vikram got the opportunity to go back to his home.

Priya was happy for Vikram but also sad that she wouldn't get a tour around. Of course she can go alone, but she decided not to, given, it's her first time in Delhi and the whole site seeing was planned because Vikram is a local and he promised to show her some places nearby.

After the breakfast, when they came back. Ram was still on the couch having his breakfast whilst goong through a file. Priya didn't know what to do so Vikram eased it for her, "You go and take rest for the day, Will brief Ram about what we decided. Okay?" to which Priya agreed and only came out when Vikram knocked on the door calling her out as he was leaving.

"Yahase kitni dur hai? (How long is it from here?)" Priya queried about his home.

"Will reach within two hours" Vikram replied, giving a final check at for his stuff.

"Okay" She nodded, "Sambhal ke jana (Go safely) and text me when you reach" she added.

"For sure" Vikram nodded and threw his hand around her for a side hug saying, "Bye"

Priya to went in without much thought but when they departed, she could see Ram was looking at them, which made her cautious of his presence.

She wasn't the one to be jolly and comfortable about hugging or touching people, but is okay with the one's she knows and trust. Vikram is one of them. With her instincts, she can see the warmth of friendship and genuineness and she felt nothing wrong about it but seeing Ram's face, she felt a bit cautious.

"Priya par saara kaam mat daal dena aur dhyan rakhna apna (Don't leave Priya to do all the work and take care)" Vikram placed his hand on Ram's shoulder.

"Don't worry, I won't" Ram pursed his lips at Vikram and the two Men hard a quick hug with back pats.

"All the best you guys and see you soon" Vikram looked at the two, "and if you need anything, text me" he looked at Priya, "You don't" He then looked at Ram who was quick to retort, "I won't" and literally pushed Vikram out of the door closing it behind.

As soon as he did, it felt like Ram not only closed the door but also muted the environment. It got awkward so quick that both Ram and Priya had no time to react to it.

Priya stood there, waiting for Ram to say something and Ram was standing, waiting for her to get in her room so that he can continue working.

After a silent stare at the ground contest in between the two. Priya took the initiative to break it, "I'll be in my room" to which Ram affirmed, "yeah"

"Let me know if you need any help with the presentation" she added before opening the door to her room.

"I am sure I won't need help" Ram said it without much thought but Priya felt it odd of him to shrug her off like that. Still, she went in the room and shut the door.

Exhaling deep sighs, both of them felt the sudden depth of the situation. Till now, only Priya was cautious about working with Ram alone as Ram was pre-occupied by the search for Pooja but now, as he stood here in the room. He realized, he has to work things out with her, co-ordinate things. Show up to the event and every following function with her. That, just made him cautious, yet he shrugged his shoulders and decided to focus on the work to be completed and think about it later.

------

In the car, Vikram was skeptical about leaving the convention. Not that the two can't handle it, they are more than capable of it. Just that, this morning, when Ram showed up at the door. His face was completely blank, like almost new.