Part 7

Poles apart

Though the start of the day was happening for priya, the other side was not that of a casual for Ram, though it was normal for him. He somehow got his way into the office, few of the departments still worked as well the Multi National ones.

He made his through the corridor and unknowingly his eyes wandered towards the lift to see the same figure waiting, but she was not here, he sighed and shaking his head he took the lift and entered the empty office.

The janitor who was cleaning the office and looking for some left out things to put in lost and found, was surprised to see Ram standing at the door.

"Sir aap?" He asked and Ram just nodded in affirmation while moving inside his cabin after unlocking it.

"Tumhara kaam honeke bad lights off kar dena" Ram said and moved inside to work.

--------

The late morning at Priya's place was filled with some pop music filled through the hall as she wiped the objects around from sun dusk.

She never had a taste for such uplifting tracks but Neha had turned her taste and now music is necessity for her to. She danced around the hall while cleaning the showcases, vass, refilled them with fresh water, gave water to her small balcony and rearranged a few things then arranged them back as they were.

Saturday's are better, she realised, not that bad. Priya did stayed back here in her initial days but those days were filled with tension of staying in a new place and even worry for the future but now as everything was settled in its place with her financial side being stable and her emotional side to, she was now sure that they were ready to move in here.

Maybe she can take tution, opt for a new course, try something new, anything. The thought made her smile.

-------

Ram glanced at his clock tapping his shoes anxiously. He didn't had his morning coffee yet and no one was around to ask for it to.

He tried to ignore that thought but then his system alerted him for caffeine and he gave up picking the dialler and ordering the beverage with something to munch with. He was never a junk food kind of person but still he was a foodie.

With the satisfaction, that his beverage and food were on its way, he continued working on the presentation he was to show and present the next weekend, still a long time yet he had nothing else to do.

The office floor was dead silent, he even wandered around till his order came. Not wanting to, he strolled across everyone's cubicles and smiled to see how people just mark territories, each cubicle gave in something or the other about the person occupying it.
Finally he came across her cubicle, though he has seen it before, he sighed to see it well maintained and lively than others, there was a plant at her desk to, odd to have such on a desk, he wondered touching the plant.

"Sir aapka order" called in the janitor whose name was shivam he got to know.

"Thank you" he greeted taking the parcel and moving inside his cabin to have his brunch.

---------

When Priya was done with the dry cleaning, she moved to make a heavy lunch for herself, it was her mood which felt light and her appetite which demanded a heavy lunch, so she opted her list for paneer, rotis, ample of rice as she is used to having rice a little for the meal.

The lunch process started and she was eager to finish it and have it, while she prepared the dish and the aroma spread across the hall, her mind had constant thoughts of how the people close to her loved her food and she missed being in pune right now where everyone were.
She even thought of taking the evening cab but it will be hectic for her and now a days, she gets tired quite often and the travelling takes a toll on her to.
Shrugging the thoughts, she picked her phone and video called Neha.