Part 49

"What's on your mind Priya" Sudhir looked at a happy yet silent face. He knew she was just taking in the moment, she must be feeling overwhelmed that's for sure. Who won't be, after getting the official papers of their own, owned house.

When he met her, she was this little young girl, who was all alone working odd jobs to survive. Not relying on anyone else to help her out, she managed everything on her own.

"Priya.." he placed his palm on her shoulder and his touch finally broke her stance as she gasped and sobbed with a tear, finally slipping down her cheek.

Priya turned and looked at him, "Papa!" She was in lose of breathe, Sudhir just nooded his head in understanding while giving her the support she needs.

"Thank you atul ji" Priya acknowledged and soon the two left.

"This is so unreal" she still was in disbelief at how she successfully has made her dream come true.

Sudhir was all smiles, "ab sab acche se hogaya hai, toh jald se jald hume gharme pooja rakhni chahiye beta (Now that everything's done nicely, we should keep a house warming as soon as possible)" he suggested.

Priya agreed, she too wants to do it as it will signify the purity of her household.

"Kab kare Papa? (When should we do it, Papa?)" She asked.

"Subah hi karna hoga, Saturday kare? (We'll have to do it in the morning only, how abou Saturday?)" Sudhir proposed.

Priya assent, "lekin taiyari kaise karenge, mujhe kuch nahi pata (but, how are we supposed to prepare for it, I don't know anything)" she questioned.

Sudhir leaned his head a little, "tere Papa kis liye hai? (What's your dad for?)" and patted her arm, "me sab taiyari kar lunga, Shipra bhi hai, Neha bhi kuch na kuch kar hi legi (I'll handle it, Shipra is here, Neha will do a thing or two)" he smirked while she chuckled, "tu ek kaam kar, tu tere office ke doston ko bhi invite karle (you do one thing, invite your friends from the office)" he added.

Priya's smile widened tenfolds, her heart melts every time he refers himself as her dad and that to naturally.

"Thank you Papa" she side hugged him.

----------

"jyada late toh nahi hua na tujhe office ke liye? (were you too late for the office?)" Shipra asked serving Priya with some curry.

"nahi Maa, jyada late nahi hua (no Maa, not much)" She smiled seeing the family on the table. Neha was feeding Peehu, Sudhir was right besides her and Shipra was determined that she'll make the dinner giving Priya some rest.

"Priya..." Sudhir called, "Vikram ne bataya ki Ram aaj office gaya tha (Vikram told me that Ram had gone to the office today)" he inquired, amusing Priya as in how he contacted Vikram and got the information, also why.

"aapne Vikram se baat ki? (you talked to Vikram?)" Priya questioned, "kab? aur kyu? (when? and why?)" Neha chimed in, surprisingly.

"Woh... mene kuch din pehle Ram ko phone lagaya uska halchal puchne ke liye but uska phone Vikram ke pass tha, toh usse baat hui aur pata chala (I called Ram a couple days back to check on him but his phone was with Vikram so, got to know from him)" Sudhir answered while Neha and Priya shared the same confused look that why the ever silent person like Sudhir was showing such great interest in all of this.

"aaya tha kya Ram aaj office? (did Ram came to the office today?)" Sudhir asked again.

Priya simply nodded in affirmation, it was getting weirder than she thought. First, Sudhir's sudden interest in her personal life, which was not weird but confusing. Second, Ram's behavior in the office, which again was not weird but confusing.