Part 14

Grief.

The anyways booming hall of her small apartment with music at this time was silent for the first time in months. Even though she felt low many times but music is one of the key things that kept her balanced, kept her sane.

Sitting on the couch, she had her one knee folded to her front and her chin rested on it. Her eyes stared at nothing but it held some moistness within them. Her mind recalling the number of times she has been disappointed by others, misjudged by others. Her fingers flipped a coin between her fingers, the same one her now new Boss gave her.

The slight reminder of the scene trailed the pumped up tears in her eyes down her cheeks. The more she tried and stay strong, the more it hurt her. Was she done staying strong? She wasn't sure, but one thing she was assured of is, she is just pretending to be strong.

'I need you here, please come back to me' She pleaded to no one with her eyes closed, but in heart she wanted that prayer to go the almighty and give her back her life, her strength.

She was done people letting her down, showing her worth and place. She knew what Ram tried to do their, he wanted to show her worth in which he succeeded.

Somewhere in her heart, it irked her to feel how can someone be so heartless and insensible but she couldn't gather her heart to hate him.

She was not like him, to judge someone on their first impression. From what she has known about him, he had no one to support him nor praise him through his success. She knows how it feels to be left alone, to have no know in your worse and that's the thing that kept her from hating him.

That's it, she wiped those tears and got up from her isolation place. Glancing at the clock, she was not surprised to see herself sitting at the same place from past 2 hours, without having anything and not even changing.

She looked at herself and didn't felt the need to change for now, but then her eyes focused on the coin in her hand. Even though it was heartless from his side, it's a gift she has received in a long time, she smile ruefully. Yes he gave her money but he added an extra rupee to it making it auspicious.

Taking a deep sigh, she moved towards the show piece and placed the coin right at the middle where she could see it.

Her appetite was off so she decided the finish the work she would've done after dinner. With that thought, she came in her room and took her small luggage bag.

Picking up a few dresses, she packed them in with other essentials, yes she was going to pune the next morning. She was going to take a half day but after what happened today, better she diverts her mind to start a fresh.

The thought of going to pune always lightens her mood, the welcoming people and faces always allures her, she even wants to stay back with them but the reality can't be that pretty, she knew.

After packing her stuff, she moved out to get something to eat. Also, she has to prepare a something to take, a sweet dish rather.

'the dinner can wait' she smiled and started preparing gulab jamun to pack for the next day, the favorite, she smiled.

While her mind gathered around cooking, the thoughts slowly faded and she got engrossed into it.

-------

"I don't want anything" was Ram's orders to Bansi kaka the instance he entered his mansion. Bansi kaka still tried to pester but seeing a rather exhausted Ram, he didn't asked again.