Part 52

"okay, how are we doing this?" Vikram entered Ram's cabin and shut his laptop as he sat across his desk. Ram was startled at first at the sudden arrival of his friend, but then he was getting used to such disturbance, so it didn't bother him much.

"What?" Not knowing what exactly he meant, Ram asked.

"Wahi... how are we finding your wife. Mission: finding Pooja" Vikram said it straight and emphasized the last part with his hands gesturing it like a film title.

Ram was caught off guard by his direct question, he glared at his friend, "Shhh... not everybody knows this Man, we are at a work place, someone might walk on us" He dissuaded.

"Oh please" Vikram scoffed "given how strict you are with anyone jaywalking in your cabin, everyone will knock before entering" he ridiculed rolling his eyes.

"Not everyone" Ram murmured, inaudible to Vikram, "What?" He asked but Ram just shook his head. "Nothing. What do you mean by we?" he drifted the question.

"yeah" Vikram shrugged his shoulders "after all the weeping confession last night, I guess you really need my help" he was casual about.

"wait a minute" Ram scrunched his brows, "what confession? And weeping!" He tried to recall the events of last night and weeping was not on the table.

"seriously? did you forgot how much of a devdas (drunken lover) you were last night!" Vikram sat straight from his lean back posture.

"ek minute, ek minute (one minute, one minute" Ram stopped Vikram before he rode his high horses, "devdas vagaira kuch nahi bana tha me bas thoda sad hua hounga bas utna hi (not druken lover or anything, was a little sad nothing else" he leaned back, recalling if he really wailed in front of Vikram or what.

"Sad toh tu tha. keh raha tha, Pooja se ek baar milna hai bas, usko dekhna hai, puchna hai. Pata nahi kaha hogi, kaisi hogi (You were sad. You said, I just want to meet Pooja once, see her once, ask her once. Don't know where is she, how is she)" Vikram reprise more dramatically.

Ram threw his head back, "as*h*le" he shook his head, glaring at Vikram who burst into a laughter.

"is liye mene tujhe nahi bataya pehle (that's why I didn't tell you before)" Ram concluded.

"achha sorry (okay Sorry)" Vikram stopped laughing and composed himself, "but I am serious, tell me, what measures did you take to find her" he leaned forward, again.

Ram, who saw seriousness in his eyes, sighed and leaned in to. "I hired a PI named Ma"

"Mahesh" Vikram completed, "and?" he asked. Ram looked at him briefly then continue. "Mahesh is trying from past few years but he couldn't get any leads..." Ram continued "but recently I met this guy here who is from the same city where I got married, his name is Ro"

"Ronak... I know" Vikram completed yet again, jostling Ram, "If you know everything then why you asking?" he asked.

"I did some digging when you were in the hospital but I don't know everything!" Vikram shrugged his shoulders and clarified.

Shaking his head Ram went on to tell how Ronak was from the same city and knows the place, so he hired him and somehow Ronak managed to find a photo of Pooja, "you have her photo!" Vikram cut him through his narration. "Yes..." Ram nodded. "Show me!" Vikram demanded.