Part 28

"Neha, will you shut up please!" Priya kept her voice low but still the irk on her face didn't went unnoticed by anyone who glanced at her.

"What do you mean shut up" replied neha on the other side of the phone, "don't be so mean yaar, tumhari bhalai ke liye hi toh keh rahi hu, (I am telling this for your own good)" she sounded upset by Priya's reaction.

"Neha" Priya trailed her voice sensing she might have hurt her, "you know I can't do it" she tried to put her side.

"Just give it a chance" persisted Neha, knowing she almost got her friend convinced.

Rolling her eyes, she pondered on what Neha was suggesting, having no response to her Priya said, "okay, will try" she said in a soft tone but Neha screamed in excitement and overjoy.

"But.. but but.." Priya interrupted her overexcited friend, "this is the last time" Priya said defiantly.

"Ha ha ... Bilkul" Neha replied in an enthusiastic tone.

"Okay bye, have to go" Priya smiled hearing her glee over, sometimes Neha can be out of control but her this free nature always fascinates her, at some point, she was like Neha, maybe that's what made the two best friends, somewhere she searches for the old Priya within Neha, she sighed.

But, the thing Neha had asked her to do, is a tough task in itself, she thought standing in front of the lift, waiting.

"Thinking 'bout me?" A voice came out of nowhere making her jump in her skin.

She snapped her eyes around and saw Vikram standing there with his sly smile having enjoyed seeing her spooked.

"Never do that please" she pleaded genuinely placing her palm on her chest trying to suppress her pumping heartbeats.

He looked at her in concern, "I didn't mean to scare you" he spoke genuinely.

"It's okay" she calmed herself down but seeing him guilty she shook her head, "good morning Vikram" she greeted turning her attention towards the lift but inside, she was waiting for someone else.

"Good morning Priya" Vikram replied putting back his smile, "so, ready for the day?" He asked.

"Always ready" she replied with the same energetic tone, work is the place where she becomes a different personality than her original, it's her small escape which she won't give up over anything.

It's been a two days Vikram and Priya are working together, she being the only one doing her job quickly was assigned to brief Vikram about the process whilst others worked their arse to complete their remaining tasks.

Vikram, being a professional knew how to handle people, his sweet talking skills did benefited him always and she had sense that pretty quick.

"Achha, I have spoken to the marketing department, but they seem to have a problem with the deadline" He told her.

"Haven't they agreed before?" She asked in disbelief, Vikram shook his head, shocked himself.

"Seems like your talking skills failed you" She said it so spontaneously that it took Vikram by surprise, realising what she said, she looked at him apologetically but his smile gave her in that he was not offended.

"Sometimes, It takes more than just talking skills to convince someone" He said with a chuckle, as soon as he said those words an idea struck his head, "I have an idea!" He said.