Part 39

It was 6 in the morning when Priya finally gave up on pretending to be asleep. The more she tried to close her eyes in comfort, more the flashbacks of the events played in her mind.

Being careful not to make any noise, she checked onto Peehu who was sound sleep with her snores and an involuntary smile spread across her lips. Caressing her daughter's cheek, Priya let herself dwell on what's happening, her life was going smooth but as soon as Peehu's Golu Uncle had entered their life, its like a rollercoaster, it started going frantic suddenly.

When Ram was known to her only as her boss and she had to deal with him in the office and office hours, she was okay with it, but she never knew when he started making presence in her personal life, met Peehu, met her dad. It's merely been days, the two most important people of her life had met Ram and were ready to do anything for him.

The grapevine was true, 'Ram Kapoor has a charisma' which turned out to be true for her family but not for her, she sighed wondering where Vikram was, he is yet to tell her what happened, why was he back to Mumbai, maybe he was there to meet Ram's relatives! She just remembered what the doctors said.

'If that's the case, then it will be great, till Mr. Kapoor's relatives won't arrive, they can be by his side' she nodded her head to no one and finally decided to move downstairs to prepare breakfast for everyone.

--------

Vikram always wondered how Ram's Mansion looked magestic, yet so lifeless. It had every possible luxury money could put up, yet whenever he stepped inside it, the house felt like crawling up, suffocating him.

Maybe, the reason that a place which can easily accommodate 100 people was used by a single person with 20 butlers. Ram doesn't even stay here, as much as he has known Ram for the past 4 years, he stayed at his firm more than his house, the whole house is like a place for him to rest for the day and go out again.

Vikram's phone was dead so he put it up for charging, but before that he texted Priya stating he'd be back in the morning. Gladly Priya was also at home to take some rest, it made Vikram restless as who was by Ram's side, he had to go, but Sudhir ji and Neha was there which made him sigh.

'No one, but Priya's family came to Ram's help' a smile spread across his lips.

Sighing again, Vikram looked around the room he was resting in, asked to get rested in. The same guest room he always stays in, nothing changed yet it felt more lifeless to him somehow with the absence of Ram. 'Does he feel like this always?' a chill ran through his spine at the mere thought.

Vikram wanted to drive back immediately to Pune, but, after what happened in Ram's room, he didn't know what to do. Moving his head to the left from his resting position, he eyed the two envelopes on the table ready to be read.

He picked the one with the title 'confession'. It was relatively old envelope but was preserved well. He inspected it, trying so hard not to open it.

"Ram baba asked me to hand this to you when he... " Bansi Kaka lowered his gaze in rejection, not knowing how to word his thoughts. Getting to know, that time has come for Ram left a bitter sweet taste on the Old Man's mouth, it's not like Ram hasn't mentioned about it, but the two have sincerely talked about this very moment more tham normal.

"Wait... What do you mean?" Vikram asked Bansi Kaka in confusion and looked at the envelopes and the diary by it's side which was pretty old.

"Ram baba has suffered a lot... He has so many secrets... He knew there'd be a day when he won't have the will to open his eyes, *pause* that day, he asked me to hand this to you, hoping you'd help him" tears formed at the base of kaka's eyes.