Part 44

Slightly unedited...

"Golu Uncle" Peehu pushed the door ajar announcing her arrival in the room. Heads turned to look at the little bundle of joy as the people standing made way for her to meet her Golu Uncle.

Ram looked at her and a smile spread across his lips, seeing her gazing at him. He anchored himself up with his elbow and rested back on the metal railing while Peehu with the help of Sudhir made herself comfortable on the side of the bed.

"mein Doctor se milkar aata hu (I'll go and see the Doctor" Vikram told and went away.

"Aap finally uth gae (you are finally awake)" Peehu said while Ram slipped his hands across her back holding her from falling off.

"Yes, me uth gaya (Yes, I woke up)" he smiled.

"ab aapko kaisa feel ho raha hai? (how are you feeling now?)" she inquired.

"am feeling great" he assured.

"Pata hai, sab log aapko kabse utha rahe the... aap uth hi nahi rahe the toh... (you know, everyone was trying to wake you up... but you were not waking up so..." Peehu went on to tell him what happened.

Every one present in the room were just silently watching Peehu and Ram, Peehu just narrated the whole incident while Ram chimed in with nods and hums.

After a while, the door again opened grabbing everyone's attention. Neha entered followed up Priya, though Peehu went on with her chattering, Sudhir noticed the change in Priya's behavior.

Neha saw Sudhir looking at her for answers but Neha just shook her head with a slight smile.

Priya saw Peehu talking with Ram, is when Ram noticed Priya as well. Their eyes met for a brief second and when it did. Ram slowly pulled back his arms around Peehu and looked down.

Priya saw that and her daunting words came back to her. She closed her eyes for split second and when she opened them, she saw Ram has now lied down on the bed with Peehu standing besides Sudhir, "Beta ab Uncle ko aaram karne do, baki baatein badme (Baby, let Uncle rest for now, keep something for later" Sudhir made her understand while Ram didn't say anything.

It looked like Ram made up feeling tired, to her and actually he did.

------------

"what did the doctor say?" Sudhir asked Vikram while all of the them stood out in the lobby.

"His condition is better, but they will keep him under observation for a couple of days as he had a close call" Vikram informed, "I don't know how we will every repay you for all your help" He looked at the Gupta family.

"you can repay by simply revisiting us, safely!" Sudhir patted his arm with a smile. Vikram smiled awkwardly.

"I think you all should leave now, Me and Bansi Kaka will look after Ram" Vikram suggested, Sudhir did disagree, "I will come tomorrow morning" He said it sternly so Vikram just nodded.

While they moved downstairs, Vikram who came to escort them was walking a bit behind with Priya on his side. So much has transpired between the two as they fought and prayed together for Ram is exhilarating.

"Finally..." Vikram said something, to break the ice.

Priya snapped her head towards him, as if snapped out of a thought, catching his words and a soft smile, she smiled back a bit "Yeah, finally"

Vikram noticed the lack of flare in her smile, but maybe that's just because of the tiredness, he shrugged.

"I think you should go back to  Mumbai" Vikram said, "It's been long you have missed work, though Rajat said he will take care of it, but still"