Part 61

5k+ words.. read it with leisure..

--------

"Hello! Kaka?" Vikram answered the call standing in the corner.

"Beta Ram se kuch baat hui? (Did you talk with Ram?)" asked Bansi Kaka from the other end.

"Nahi.. phone nahi lag raha Ram ka (No, his phone is not reachable)" Vikram replied. "Aap chinta mat kijiye. Usne bataya tha woh kahi dur jane wala, waha shayad network issue hoga (You don't worry. He did informed that they are going a little far, maybe there's some network issue)" He reassured kaka.

"Ha, lag toh wahi raha hai (Yes, that's what I think)" Kaka agreed, "par chinta lagi rehti hai uski (but I get worried about him)" he said after a pause, "bohot pareshan rehta hai Pooja ko dhundne ke chakkar mein, apna khayal bhi nahi rakhta. Bhagwan kare use Pooja mil jae waha, take uski mann ki shanti hojae (He is always worried and disturbed about finding Pooja, doesn't take care of himself. May God help him find her, for his peace of mind)"

"Woh toh mein bhi chahta hu Kaka (That's what I want as well Kaka)" Vikram sighed, "Aap dekhna, Ram bhabhi ko dhund hi lega, mera mann kehta hai woh aaj unse jarur milega (But you see, Ram will find my sister-in-law. My heart says he will meet her today for sure)"

"I wish the same" Kaka affirmed, "Chalo, tum kam karlo. Ram ka koi message ya phone aae toh batana (Okay, you continue your work. If you get any text or call from Ram, let me know)" Saying he cut the call.

With a subtle smile, Vikram turned around and was surprised to see Priya standing relatively close to him. There was a little shock in her eyes but she masked it quick saying, "Come, let's have lunch" for sure she was here to talk about something else but changed it at the last minute, Vikram assessed.

"Yeah, sure" He nodded and wondered if she heard everything he said or she just arrived. He couldn't ask her at that moment cause she walked away swiftly.

Priya, took her usual alone spot in the canteen and even though asked Vikram to join in for the lunch, hoped he didn't join in, but, he walked straight to her with his meal with an uncanny smile.

Priya smiled back and decided to focus on her food and not look at him.

Vikram, on the other side was just smiling, seeing Priya fidget under his gaze. Not that he was ogling at her, but was amazed to see how bad she is sometimes, masking the fact that she actually heard the conversation and also smacked himself mentally for not being careful enough before speaking about the topic publicly.

"listen" Vikram started, "Sorry" Priya said at the same time.

Scrunching his brows, he asked, "What?"

"I am sorry" She said again, "about yesterday"

"Is that because what you heard?" Vikram looked keenly at her and even though she pretended that she didn't hear anything, she couldn't lie.

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop, was genuinely calling you for lunch" Priya confessed.

"Really?" Vikram raised his brow, "I thought you were there to give me another earful about how I should not let Ram decide what I do and not" he chuckled, sarcastically.

Yes, Priya did almost scolded him when Vikram informed her that Ram won't be accompanying her to the event, instead he will be joining her.

Priya closed her eyes in embarrassment, "I just felt it was unfair of Mr. Kapoor to just put you in the spot suddenly" she defended, "I didn't knew that he was..." she stopped before saying anything and even Vikram gestured her not to. For safety measures.

"I don't know what you heard. But, one thing is for sure that, Ram didn't just put me in spot" He assured, "also, do not speak about what you heard. No one knows and no one should know unless Ram announces it" He added, "If Ram gets to know that someone else knows about that! I am as good as dead"