Untrusting.

Velvet sat down in a guard Tower, humming to himself as his eyes fluttered shut, it'd been rare to catch a break with a job like this, he was going to make the most of it. Chiffon curled up on his lap, his small tail wagging back and forth. Hopefully nobody would interfere today.
"Hello? Is anybody here?" someone called out, his eyes sprung open as he grabbed his sword from off the shelf and peeked over the wall, seeing a familiar face, not familiar in a good way.
it was the Purple haired nun cookie who tried to kill him two days ago. Velvet jumped up and over the wall, walking towards the figure cautiously as he gripped his sword. The cookie jumped a bit and raised her bow, searching around for anyone or thing that was in the tower with her.
"Where are you. come out this instant!" The nun called out. Velvet spoke up. "What are you doing back here?" He stopped behind her as his eyes locked onto her. She sighed, "I've come to have a chat with you. if you don't mind. I suspect your not busy?" "Not at the moment, no, what is it you wish to speak about?" Velvet responded before Pastry continued. "I understand I am only one  person and I cannot restore this tower to what it's meant to be, but I've come to ask about the order. What do you know about it? how would you know about the gods? I cannot believe a simple illusion." Velvet took a deep breath, "Though I cannot tell everything, I'll do what I can for you. Follow me."
He strolled into a nearby building, seemingly abandoned. The nun mumbled a bit, following close behind him. seeing a a couple cake monsters on the way to the nearby building. "So what is this place exactly?" "it's an unused building that some of the younger cakes use as a playhouse." He gestured some of the cakes to go back to the tower. "Alright then, so spill it, what do you know that I don't?" She kept her hands clasped together at her chest. "No need to be hasty." Velvet leaned against the wall crossing his arms, "To get to he point, These "wonderful flawless" Gods of yours are not as you've been told, your entire religion is a manipulative fucking cult." he moved his eyes towards the window, watching the cakes frolic around outside. The nun rolled her eyes, "It is NOT a cult. So you can throw that out the window. The gods created your sorry self so i'd show some respect. None of us would be here if not for them. I will do as the Order commands just like you would take orders from your malicious leader." She huffed. "Your order has lied to you, everyone. Things are not as they seem in this world, I'm not telling you to join our side, I respect that you don't want to be considered a villain in this story by others, I'm trying to show you what they're doing to you. You only see the outside workings, not the inner dark core. I'm sure even if I could tell you, I wouldn't be believed." he closed his eyes.
"But i've been taught the Order for most of my life and I have never heard a single bad thing about the godly witches. For the love of all that is holy I was even given a sacred duty! I don't understand how all that could be a lie. Did YOU ever meet the witches? Maybe your the one being lied to. Your leader is a devious evil monster so i'm guessing she taught you wrong." "unlike everyone else, I was there for the majority of the story, I saw her being reborn myself, the only other cookie I've seen who actually cares for the less fortunate. I myself was supposed to be destroyed by this order, simply because I'm different, imperfect. Children believe without reason, you grew up with it, you weren't exposed to the truth until now, which is why you're denying it." he opened his eyes once again, staring into the nun's "You believe it's normal, because that's what you grew up around." "No! I just don't understand. I only have so much information on the matter. Reverend Mother would disagree with all this nonsense. Such diligence will not earn me a higher place among the gods." The nun thought for a moment for what she would say. Betraying the Order would be treason, punishment would most likely take place. in that case, she had to decline, even if she didn't want to. "Reborn or not your information is ridiculous. Why should I believe a monster such as yourself anyways. Maybe the gods should've punished you." She couldn't look at him, obviously her words were sharp and sounded as she meant it but she still had a soul and felt very bad. "I'll be heading back now. It reeks of sin in this place anyways." The nun dusted off her dress and started to walk away like nothing had happen, not daring to look back. "you're the one who asked-" Velvet sighed, "ah- before you go I never caught your name" "Pastry. Pastry cookie. Now I will be heading back." "alright then, be on your way." Velvet got up and walked past her, back towards the Tower as the screeching sound of a bell rang through the air shaking the ground. Pastry squinted at him as he walked by, hearing the loud bell ring, She walked back to the church where she was supposed to be.

---------------------------

Pastry walked through the big doors of the church and set her bow down.  She did not want to question Reverend mother again, but it was hard to keep her thoughts to herself. What was she meant to do? Stay or leave it's up to her. Believe  the truth or believe the lies. "Pastry Cookie, Dear, Where have you been? You missed church?" Reverend Mother's voice echoed through the room. "Uh- I was doing more of my investigation and I got carried away. I couldn't tell the time. i'll make up for it tonight i promise you." "Alright then, I trust you'll be to it" Reverend shuffled away. Pastry bowed, keeping her palms together. "Thank you Reverend Mother. I won't let you down." She let out a sigh a relief, no suspicion drawn to her, only a simple mistake. She had to find a good way to manage her time wisely to avoid trouble.