New Friends.

The sun sat low in the sky, the two cookies making their way through the thick woodland, the birds chirping around them as they tread up the mountain, so high up they were surrounded by a thick fog, clouds perhaps?

Madeleine was rather confused, they were pretty deep out into the forest, he wasn't about to get assassinated or something, right? Velvet finally stopped as the golden sunlight shone out from the trees apon reaching the top.

The fog had disappeared, a valley of clouds laying below the cliff, so thick you almost couldn't see through, the fields below, filled with all assortments of flowers that swayed in the wind, it looked as if they were standing over a painting, the fresh air filling their lungs.

Velvet finally spoke up. "Well, here we are." he said, sitting down on a tree stump by the cliff, stretching out his legs. "Not afraid of heights are you?"

Madeleine gazed at the scene. "..wow, for somebody who was supposedly locked up in a tower you sure do know a good spot."

Velvet put down his sword next to the stump, yawning. "Long day, huh?" "more like multiple long days." Madeleine said as he sat down on the soft grass.

It didn't take long for the peace to be disturbed, rustling coming from the bushes behind them as a cake hound burst out from the bushes, growling as it glared at the two cookies, towering over them.

Madeleine quickly turned around apon hearing this, pulling out his sword as he gripped the handle. "Oh come on- you've gotta be kidding me!"

Velvet took a moment to realize the situation, turning around and hurrying to his feet. "Wait- stop damn it-!" he firmly put his hand on Madeleine's shoulder.

"The fuck are you doing-" before he could say another word, Velvet started making his way over to the hound. it stood still, only staring at him for a moment before it plopped onto the ground in a playful matter. Velvet smiled, placing his hand on the beast's head as he gently pet them.

Madeleine only stared in confusion. "..wait- what?" he lowered his sword. "oh sugar- how do I even explain this.." Velvet huffed.

"Well uh.." Velvet moved his hand, walking back over and sitting down on the stump as the hound lay on the grass. "..I baked the cakes, Madeleine."

"Uh- what? You're a Cookie, how do you manage to do that- can you like, control all of them?" "Nobody can control them, they're not mindless slaves, they're their own beings." Velvet seemed a bit offended in a way.

Madeleine's eyes lit up with excitement as he put his sword back into its holster. "This is great- no this is perfect! You can keep all of them away from the general area!" "Afraid it wouldn't be that easy, there are thousands and I am unable to return to the nest."

"Well, where is it? I could always go there for you-" Velvet took a deep breath. "Listen, I have no reason to trust you, but you don't seem like a bad guy. so I'm going to get this out of the way." he paused for a moment.

"I am the adopted son of Dark Enchantress Cookie. I uh, ended up leaving her side because of some personal problems. I created the cakes in the Tower, having overseen some stuff as a child, being able to figure out how to wield the Oven. It's a.. long story."

"..oh. so you're, not evil?" "-No, not necessarily." "You're just full of surprises aren't you.." Madeleine paused. "Hey, why don't be uh, put this bug guy in a pen or something?"

"The reason the hounds went wild was that I left, we can continue to let them roam around now that they're relaxed." "Riiight- I think we've had an eventful day! Why don't we grab some drinks, my treat!" Madeleine winked.