Powdered Snow.

Pastry slowly awoke, her body was sore and her face felt numb. She turned her head to see Velvet sound asleep next to her, his arm gently wrapped around her. She smiled, resting her hand on top of his.

She coughed a bit, yawning. She figured she wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, tapping Velvet's shoulder to try and wake him up. It was morning anyways. He opened an eye, glancing over to her. "..yes?" he said in a softened voice.

Pastry tried to speak for a moment, before taking the notepad from the desk next to the bed, writing down in it. 'Hungry' it said. Velvet stared at it for a moment before nodding and sitting up, stretching out his legs before heading out to the kitchen.

Pastry laid there in thought, her mind racing. It all happened so quickly, she didn't know how to feel. She weakly sat herself up against the bed frame.

It didn't take long for Velvet to come back with some food on a tray. He placed it down of Pastry's lap before sitting on the side of the bed. Pastry nodded in thanks, taking the tray as she started to slowly eat, leaning her head on Velvet's shoulder.

Velvet took a deep breath, glancing out the window, the sun just barely peeking over the lush trees. He wasn't sure what to do or what to think either. 'God. What am I going to do with the both of us..' he thought to himself.

'I feel bad for not being able to give you the normal life you wanted, you certainly deserve it.' He paused for a moment before looking back to Pastry. 'Yet at the same time, you seem.. happier. And I wouldn't be here without you.'

He kissed the top of her head, giving off a soft gentle smile. 'I guess there's no such thing as a perfect life anyways.'

A few minutes passed, Pastry finished her food as she set the tray aside. She seemed a bit uncomfortable to Velvet, who took no time to question it. "Are you alright?" he asked.

Pastry shook her head, the stab wound on her side aching as she gestured to it. Velvet quickly understood, standing up and heading over to a small table in the room. "Herb gave me some sort of pain killers, did you want those?" he picked up the small bottle, looking back at her.

Pastry weakly nodded, moving her hand over the bandage over her side. Velvet went to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water so it would be easier for her to swallow them.

She carefully took the pills handed to her, washing them down with the water. She took a deep breath. Of course, the pills wouldn't work right away, but hopefully, they would later on.

Pastry moved her hand to the bandages on her head, carefully removing them. Most of the wound was healed, but it left a huge nasty scar on the side of her face.

"Can you see out of it? I don't know how healing magic works but maybe a bit of your eyesight was restored?" Velvet curiously asked. Pastry nodded her head. She could see out of it, but it was very faint.

"That's good then." Pastry motioned to a small mirror that lay on the table, curious to see what had happened for herself. She was a bit worried, what had happened to her? Would she still look alright?

Velvet passed the mirror to her, not thinking anything of it at the moment. She took the mirror, flipping it around to see herself.

Pastry froze seeing the huge scar, her eyes widening. Velvet looked at her worried. He didn't understand why she looked so upset. It was just a scar wasn't it? He wasn't too sure on what to do.

Pastry was dead silent. She carefully put her hand over the scar, feeling it. It looked awful, she looked awful. How would anyone let alone Velvet be able to love her looking like this? She quickly began to panic, setting the mirror down on the bed next to her. She could bear to see it anymore.