Redo.

Pastry made her way in through the window once again, It was dawn, not many people being there. Only a few people were being interviewed outside of the Church, as well as a few knights to keep watch. She looked around before quickly spotting her target.

All the windows and doors abruptly slammed shut, Reverend standing in front of her from a distance, her hands behind her back. She seemed livid, yet still, fairly beat up from their last encounter.

"Greetings, I see my last visit wasn't enough for you?" Pastry snarled. "You know, taking half of my face wasn't necessary." She gripped her sword.

Reverend scoffed. "Goodness, you look just horrible! What happened to the flawless and perfect Pastry? The obedient little girl?" She teased.

"This was your fault, 'Mother'. You're the one who gave me all these imperfections. Besides, I don't need your judgement, I already have someone to remind me that such flawlessness doesn't exist. You're much, much worse than me in more ways than I can count!" Pastry reeled back a bit, raising her sword to point it at Reverend.

"At least I'm not a traitor, at least I'm not being lied to in everything I say or do." She smiled.

"I know all your tricks, and I'm not going to fall for them again. You're the one who taught me them after all." Pastry replied, glaring at her.

"I taught you everything you know, just not everything I know." Pastry fell silent, continuing to glare.

"Very well then," Reverend responded, grasping her knife behind her back, the blade peeking out from behind her. "Could I ask why you're back here? Have you not had enough?"

"..I'm going to finish what I started. Justice must be served. I'm going to kill you." She finally spoke up.

Reverend only continued to smile to herself. "When will you learn? You can't kill me, Pastry!"
"But I can sure as Hell try."

Pastry grabbed a book from a nearby shelf, throwing it to Reverend as it hit her in the head. In the split-second of distraction, she jabbed her knee into Reverend's stomach, knocking her to the ground.

Pastry tried to stab her in the Thigh, only for Reverend to manoeuvre out of the way, impaling her in the hip as the sword stuck into the ground.

Reverend shoved Pastry off of her, knocking her to the ground before standing up and taking a step back. Pastry quickly got up and socked her in the face before kicking her back from the stomach.

Reverend stumbled back, Pastry pushing her to the ground and jabbing her heel into Reverend's stomach.

Reverend swept Pastry off her feet from the leg, standing up and catching her breath a but before lunging back at her. She pummeled her into the wall, taking her knife and stabbing it through her hand and into the wall behind it, Pastry yelping from the pain.

Before she could have any time to react, Reverend took Pastry's sword from the ground and plunged it into her other hand. Pastry cried out in pain and kicked at Reverend, managing to give her away.

Pastry managed to pry the blades off with her remaining strength, trembling as she struggled to pry her sword from the wall, holding it firm.

Reverend only watched her struggle to get herself together, only to fall to the ground again. "Such a worthless brat.." she smiled to herself. "You're all good for nothing, you're only a weapon, and that's all you'll ever fucking be. In all honesty, it's probably the only reason someone 'took you in' in the first place! Do you think he loves you? Do you think he's impressed Pastry? You sold your life for this beast!"

Pastry shivered, making no answer. Reverend continued. "Nobody in your life has even valued you as a Cookie! You're a disgusting, worthless, EXCUSE OF A FUCKING-" She went to lunge at her, only to be interrupted by the shattering of glass, followed by Velvet tackling her to the wall.

Velvet quickly took a few steps back as to not be slashed in the stomach, only for Reverend to jump out, plunging the knife into his chest, it almost breaking through his ribcage, but it cracked it for sure.

Velvet yelped out in pain, stumbling back. Reverend grabbed him by the neck, lifting him off the ground as she held him to the wall.

He gasped for air, his breath escaping him. Pastry struggled to lift herself from the ground, tears streaming down her face. The words sunk into her skin like a thousand blades. She managed to prop herself up, luckily, the two holes in her hands didn't stop her from grasping her weapon.

Reverend dug the knife further into his chest before dragging it down to his stomach. He couldn't even cry out, shutting his eyes tightly as he tried to kick her away.

Reverend froze, blood leaking from the back of her head as Pastry's sword struck through her skull. She dropped Velvet to the ground who gasped for air.

Reverend fell silent. Before they knew it, she disappeared within the blink of an eye. Pastry fell to the ground, she was exhausted and beaten, yet still conscious.

Velvet quickly caught his breath, taking a moment to wrap his head around it, his torso violently bleeding out. He felt so weak and light-headed. But of course, that wasn't going to stop him.

He shakily lifted himself onto his knees, it felt like he was going to topple over and pass out. He got to his feet, this was no place to rest, they would surely die. '..suck it up, Velvet.' he told himself, heavily making his way over to the cookie on the ground.

--------------------------

Those words rungs through Pastry's head like a fog siren, repeating over and over again. Her head was blurry, she could barely tell what was going on, two voices hovering around in the room. Or.. Three? It was hard to tell. 
It was hard to breathe, the air felt stuffy and thick like Reverend still had a grasp around her neck, it shook her to the core.

The pain started to ease a bit after a while, she only assumes Velvet had found a healer. Velvet, was he alright? She was sure he was slaughtered in front of her.

Maybe this was a bad idea, she shouldn't have dragged him into this. What if he really was dead? No, it couldn't be, she was positive his voice still lingered in the room, but maybe that was just what she wanted to think. Her mind started to go blank again, the incoherent voices starting to fade away.

The next thing she knew, she was awake again. Her whole body felt sore, drapped in bandages. She groaned in pain and sat up. There was a plate of fresh-ish food on the coffee table in front of the couch she lay on, that must mean that Velvet was alright.. Though, she didn't feel like eating.

To her relief, she looked to the other end of the couch to see Velvet resting as well, she must have been quiet enough to be not been heard. "..I'm sorry." she muttered, barely loud enough for Velvet to realize she was awake. he turned his attention to her.

"You're awake..?" he said in a worried yet soft tone. Pastry let out a heavy sigh. "..This is ridiculous." Velvet moved a bit closer to her. "..How are you feeling?" he nervously asked.

Pastry only nudged him away, keeping quiet and to herself. She kept her head turned away. As grateful she was that both of them came out alive and for the most part in one piece, she couldn't help but overthink.

Velvet remained silent after that. Was she upset at him? Should he stay or leave her alone? Did she need time? Did he do something? I'd be rather awkward to ask at the moment. He weakly stood up, almost immediately toppling over, catching himself against the wall. He made his way into the bedroom.

He felt she was mad at him, was she upset because he was late to her aid, or perhaps, did something else happen? He carefully sat down on his side of the bed, resting his head in his hands.