Suspicions.

Pastry peaked in and looked around, searching for Red Velvet. A cake hound came up and barked at her, she tried to hush the thing but it just barked at her even more. "Holy sugar shut up you little thing-!" She tried to shoo it away. Pomegranate had managed to sneak up behind her, "What are you doing here again Cookie?" she questioned Pastry as she covered her mouth using her mirror. "I've come here to do no harm I swear on my life. I'm only here for Red Velvet. I must speak with him. You're the last cookie I'd want to see." Pastry said. "Why do you wish to speak to him, aren't you considered an enemy?" "If you wish to see me as such I suppose. But as of now, I'm not trying to interfere with your work. Only to gain information that I will keep to myself. I wasn't sent here, I came amongst myself." "Information about what? Has Red Velvet perhaps betrayed us and is working with you?" Pomegranate glared at Pastry. "What? Absolutely not. All we are sharing about is the gods. Nothing more." Pastry said as she glared back and gulped a bit.
whatever happened before was a bit traumatic so she was hoping for it not to happen again. "I'll take your word for it cookie, as for now, I suggest you watch your back, there are millions of us within these walls." Pomegranate said disappearing into thin air. Pastry frantically looked around and let out a sigh of relief. 'that was close.' She walked around looking for Red Velvet, not wanting to shout his name as it would attract unnecessary attention.
"back so soon?" Red Velvet hummed as he walked around the corner, "Oh dear you scared me!" She held her hand on her chest and huffed. "Anyways, yes. I'm back. I'm actually supposed to be in church at this moment but I feel there would be no harm in skipping a session. I'll make up for it another time." "I see, what did you need Pastry?" he asked. "I came to ask about the- the THING again. Is there any other evidence you have at all? I won't bother you too much, just a quick visit that's all." She crossed her arms. "Don't worry about bothering me, there's not too much to be done whilst the cakes are baking, and what exactly do you want evidence about?" "You know the- the gods?" Pastry spoke in a more hushed tone, worried somebody else might be there. Speaking about the gods so poorly was very much against the rules. Velvet sighed, "if you're that skittish we may go to a less open area to speak." "Look I just don't want to get into unwanted trouble. I already ran into the other one with red hair. So yes, let's go." "Follow me then,"
Red Velvet unlocked a door near the oven and walked in, closing the door and locking it behind her. In the room, you could see a view of the oven from above, inside was a huge tray with unbaked cakes, powerful and weak, big and small, in the bottom laid crumbled burnt cookies, as ashes and crumbs covered the ground they stood on. "I would've gone to Mother Reverend about this but she would be less than pleased with me. and with the amount of progress I'm making, I cannot afford to make a mistake. I also wanted to apologize for my behaviour the other day. It was very disrespectful of me." "hah- it's alright, I understand you were under pressure, and it's definitely a good thing you didn't go to this Reverent person, I assume they are your leader?" Velvet said as he sat down on the floor "Basically yes. As long as I make up for my insolence I will be okay. But if I disobey the order then some form of punishment is in my future." Pastry felt as if she had to be on the same level as him so she sat on her knees. "If you knew someone who was punished, did you ever see them again? I'm not implying anything I just have suspicions" Velvet rested his head on his hand.  "I haven't thought about it that way, but I recall a case at a young age. They were taken out of the church by force and I haven't seen them since. I'm not sure what punishments there are but disobeying the Order is out of the question. I'm meant to deliver justice to those who defy the Order. When there is doubt there is temptation so I cannot doubt the higher power. I am to fulfill my purpose and that is all."
"they're hiding something pastry, you've confirmed my suspicions, I think they may have found something out they weren't supposed to. I'm positive if you went and talked to them about it again you would be silenced about it, permanently, in other words, executed." "I suspected that. I actually knew that most likely, as I am an executioner of non-believers. But I am a well-trusted member, I can talk about certain things but I must watch my words. Then I've made up my mind. I will forever continue to follow the order and I'm instructed to. Stay obedient as always to avoid suspicion."
Velvet looked at her, tilting his head in confusion "I'm confused, may you rephrase that?" "I am a well-trusted member of the order who is a judge and executioner that has to follow the order. But lately, I've been thinking about leaving. The problem is punishment. I need to follow every rule of the order perfectly without mistake or second guess or I will be suspicious." "if you do leave, don't go back nor announce your leave, you'll be guaranteed to die." Velvet sugested. "If i say something I might not be silenced immediately but I will have a big warning and have to stay at the church extra time to make of for my doubts." "alright then, is there anything else?" Velvet sunk his head into the palm of his hand. "I think I must go now. I don't have a good excuse to my absence but i'll think of something." Pastry got up, before realising, She stopped and turned back, "Uh- Excuse me Velvet the door is um locked." " Right- apologies I got lost looking in the fire-" he got up and unlocked it using one of his claws. Pastry smiled a bit and made her way out the entrance.

----------------------------------------------

Pastry went to go meet Reverend Mother to talk to her about her recent findings about the gods. "Uh hello Mother Reverend I had um a quick question for you-" "What may I help you with dear?" Reverend gestured another student away. "I know you told me to dismiss the thought of what happened last week but I keep thinking about the gods. I understand they are our creators but I've just been thinking maybe there's more to that?" "There's nothing to it you haven't been told, we should drop the subject." Reverend Mother said in an abnormally stern voice. "Yes o-of course. I'll go back to doing my mission Mother Reverend. Sorry to disturb you." Pastry put her hands together and bowed "Glorious , now may I ask you to go check on the Oven, make sure you aren't seen, if someone does you must execute them eminently." "Even if they mean no harm?" Pastry regretted speaking. She must do everything she's told without question. Reverend creeked open an eye staring at her, then closed it before walking out of the room. Pastry wiped the sweat off her brow and let out a sigh before she made her way to the tower.

----------------------------------------------

Pastry walked in, "Hello? Red Velvet are you here?" "Back so soon?" he jumped down from the wall infront of her. "AH HOLY SUGAR-" She pulled out her bow as a reflex "Don't do that i could've shot you in the face! My word." Pastry put her bow away. "And yes I am this is my assignment after all." "whats your assignment?" Velvet sighed, "do you have to kill me again?" "No no no, let me finish. I need to check on the oven and restore it to its former glory. By force if I have to. But i'm letting you off scot free. Im supposed to eliminate anything i see, cookie or not." seeing something unfamiliar out of the corner of his eye, he leaped onto Pastry cookie pressing his sword against her neck,as he threw the fork back away from her. "WHAT THE HECK- WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING?!" Sweat dropped from her brow and she trembled. "trust me." he whispered, Pastry swallowed her pride, nodding.
A nun familiar to Pastry shot Red Velvet straight in the head with a tranquillizer bow, as he collapsed onto the ground unconscious. The fellow nun jumped down to her, "Are you alright sister?" they quickly helped pastry up. "uh- yes, yes I am I was just about to get this monster. I could not reach for my weapon in time, forgive me." "We should get this monster back to the Church and let Mother Reverend deal with him, are you injured?" the nun questioned her. "No I am not, thankfully. Let's take him back to the Church already. We must not keep Mother Reverend waiting." Pastry dusted off her dress. "of course! I'll bring him back, you can take a moment to catch your breath if needed!" they restrained Velvet tossing him over their shoulder, as they headed back towards the church. "..." Pastry stared a moment and thought. 'hes gonna get executed for sure. I need to figure out what to do.' She followed by behind her fellow sister back to the church.