Gospel of Dismay.

"Good morning, Espresso Cookie." Reverend's voice echoed throughout the room, the dread of her words sinking into Madeleine's skin. He glared at her, panic lingering in his eyes.

"Hey- WHY THE HELL IS HE HERE-" he cried out. Reverend took a few steps towards him. "Because I can read you like a book, I know what will make you break, shatter." She cooed.

"The fuck is your problem, why do you need me anyways??" He frowned, gripping the chains that held him firm. "You're powerful, you hold valuable information, you have your high ranking in the kingdom, you have Influence, and you're the one who ratted us out perhaps?" Reverend said as she turned to face the small room on the side, supposedly where Espresso was.

The small door slammed open, Espresso falling forwards out of the room as he held himself off the ground, staring at Madeleine. He was chained up, blood seeping out from underneath the cuffs on his neck, wrists and ankles. He struggled to pick himself up.

Reverend walked over to him, pulling him up by the back of his collar. Espresso winced, falling back against the wall behind him, holding himself up as Reverend chuckled to herself. "Alright! I get you're angry but he has NOTHING to do with this! You were going to kill innocent cookies, I had to save them and bring your charade to a close!"

Espresso trembled from the pain for a moment, he seemed to have some sort of magic binding spell on him. He quickly moved to attack her before shortly getting elbowed in the stomach.

Reverend moved her grip to the chains on his hands, yanking them as the blades dug further into his dough, he winced from the pain, lowering his head. He figured maybe if he decided to submit for the time being he could buy them both pity.

"HEY-" Madeleine went to try and get up, only to quickly lower himself again, the chains pressing into his skin. "..Innocent in your eyes, Madeleine." she released her grip on Espresso, starting to walk towards the knight as Espresso fell to his knees. "Nonetheless it's still MURDER." Madeleine said, gritting his teeth.

"You have your job, we have ours." She stepped in front of him, leaning down to his height as she grabbed him by the collar, yanking his forwards. "Now you're going to be a good boy and do as I say." she snarled, keeping her eyes shut.

Madeleine's breaths were heavy, his hands in fists. "What the hell do you even want from me, and I'm not telling you shit until the professor is released." "..Unfortunately, that's not how this is going to work." she cooed, letting go of his shirt as she stood back up.

"You're going to do as I say, or there'll be dire consequences." she glanced to Espresso as Madeleine quickly got the hint, his eyes widened. "You see, I know for a fact you won't do much if I do anything to you, that's why we have another body to take the damage for you. A human meat shield you could say?" Reverend chuckled, just barely peeking open one of her eyes, a yellow pupil staring down at him.

Madeleine gulped. "You're sick-" Reverend grabbed him by the back of his head, pulling on his hair before slamming his face onto the hard, cold floor beneath him. He yelped out, his nose quickly starting to bleed. Reverend stood up, digging her heel into his neck before he could do a thing.

Espresso sat against the wall, closing his eyes as he flinched upon Madeleine's cries. He couldn't even pick himself up off the ground the chains digging deep into his joints.

Madeleine opened his eyes, he could see the blood seeping from his nose, it had probably been dislocated. He coughed a bit, his wrists held tightly to the ground by the chains. "..what.. what do you want then.."

Reverend moved her foot off of him, closing her eye again. "As for now, simply play along, child." she turned to leave, walking past Espresso as she laid her hand firmly on his shoulder, her sharp nails digging into his skin. "Same goes to you." she moved her hand, leaving the room as a door appeared in the wall. Reverend walked through, it disappearing behind her.