Yeast.

The forest was quiet, the chilly night air beating against Enchantress' skin as she waded through the bushes with only the sound of snapping wood and her own heavy footsteps filling her ears. She grumbled to herself as she shoved another bush out of her path.

Enchantress hadn't been out of the tower in ages and all of the stress piling up was really starting to get to her, causing her to lash out a lot more often. Pomegranate had suggested a nice refreshing walk. Enchantress hasn't all that interested but decided to go so she would quit nagging her.

"This is ridiculous, I don't need fresh air. I don't need this stupid tower." She grumbled and shoved away a branch. "Telling ME what to do? who do you think you are? There's so much to do and nothing is going according to plan, It's horrible I tell you!" 

She blew the hair out of her eyes, coming to a parting in the trees. The moon nearly blinded her as she stopped in her tracks. It was indeed a beautiful spot, The moonlight trickling in from the sky above the cliff. It took some adjusting to notice the figure in the middle of the scene, sitting down on a tree stump, gazing off at the moon as if they'd never see it again.

The shadowed body turned to face her, a sickening yet familiar face meeting hers. It stood up. "it's.. You.." The figure muttered. Her old friend stood not that far in front of her. Pure Vanilla Cookie.

They hadn't seen each other since the war, both assuming the other was dead and buried. Something felt.. different, though. His gaze felt different, and she couldn't help but notice the unfamiliar and uneasy aura he left behind. This couldn't be him, this couldn't be happening. Not now.

Enchantress gripped her staff, a bit shocked by the sudden encounter. "You're.. Supposed to be dead." She barely knew what to say. Nonetheless, they were still enemies. "..What the hell are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing.." He responded in an almost threatening tone. Enchantress felt a knot form in her stomach. "I would say that's none of your damn business." She glared at him. Although his eyes were closed, she could feel him gazing back at her.

The only good memories she had were ones she sought to forget so that she might have a better excuse for her mistakes. But she doesn't. She has no excuse. 

Pure Vanilla picked his staff off the floor. "Seems your plan didn't go as expected. The kingdom seems to be doing very well." He gave her a light smile. Why was this so unsettling? He continued to speak. "You don't seem like you've changed a bit."

Enchantress narrowed her eyes. "Is that supposed to be an insult or a compliment?" She tightened her grip on her wand, her body tensing up. "I would have done what I wanted to peacefully, but you had to get in the way. And besides, I assure you, everything is slowly, yet surely, getting back on track."

The cream-coloured cookie clasped his hands in front of his lap. "Is that so? I've heard about what's been happening. Can't control a few cake dogs, can you?"

"Shut up. You could never accomplish what I've done. You've been sitting on the low. You and that pathetic little grandson of yours. I have done so much more in my life than you ever could do." Enchantress snarled, trying to get under his dough.

Vanilla shook his head. "At least I actually raised my offspring well. You wouldn't know what that's like. Also, I've earned my respect, unlike you." 

Enchantress' expression dropped to anger before a smile grew on her face. She started to chuckle. "You think I care what YOU think of ME? You've grown soft, it's pathetic. You're not gonna tell me what I've done to my son or what I should be doing with him. And how would you know?"

"He came with me for shelter, from you." He frowned. Enchantress' rage only grew. "Tell me where he is. He'll have the world and more after we're done. And don't act like you know everything, because he isn't your  son, is he? Maybe you should take care of your own "offspring" before you come criticizing me."