Disobedient.

Velvet carefully made his way back up the stairs, he took a deep breath as he stood in front of Enchantress, bowing his head, "I've finished." he said. Enchantress shifted her gaze to see him "Welcome back, how'd it go What have you learned so far that will be at least a tad bit useful?" Velvet was a bit nervous about saying anything, worried about the outcome. "..it went well, they were surprisingly not hostile" he paused "I wasn't able to get any information out of them yet, I'm sure it'll come with time" he quickly avoided eye contact.
Enchantress rolled her eyes, "Ugh. I don't wanna keep these things forever. They're annoyingly loud, I'll have to feed them yata yata. One more day Is all you get then afterwards we're disposing of them. Do you understand? I want this info and I want it NOW. One day is all you get, after that, I'm out of patience. If you succeed I'll even let you do the killing yourself~" She cackled and smiled. Velvet froze, his eyes widened. 'No- I won't have to kill her will I-?' he quickly made his way back down without saying a word, he could feel himself shaking. 'No no, this is a part of my job, what could possibly make her so different, I can't possibly.. no this doesn't make sense to me-!' he thought to himself as he ran into his room, closing the door behind him as he leaned against it, resting his face in his hand as he slid down onto the floor. 'what am I gonna do..'

Pastry took off her veil, slowly falling asleep in the cell. seemed Red Velvet had to make the same choice she did, her fate rested in his hands.

----------------------------

Pastry woke up and rubbed her eyes, yawning as she sat up. her body felt stiff, wasn't the best sleeping on the cold stone floor, but didn't exactly have a choice either way. Pretty much everything at this point and was all normal, yet Today was going to be nerve-wracking. Would she die or live? Only time can tell.

"Red Velvet, Licorice! Come here at once!" Enchantress sat upon her chair, legs crossed and hand under her chin. Velvet quickly walked up the stairs, avoiding eye contact as he stood in front of her. "yes mother?" he knew what was coming. "I demand you to speak to our little prisoners once more. If you don't come back with something in 1 hours' time, we dispose of them. Do you understand?" She slammed her fist down on the arm of her chair.
Velvet hesitantly gained up the little courage he had against her, "..You may do as you please with Shadow, but I can't let you kill Pastry.." he raised his shoulders, dreading his own words. Enchantress glared at him dead in the eyes  "What did you say to me boy?" he kept quiet as he quickly shut his eyes, he made a mistake and he knew it. Enchantress frowned as she stood up and walked over to him, gripping his chin lifting his gaze to her. "Don't forget your place child, you work for me and you will do as I say. You wouldn't want to disappoint your dear mother, would you?" Velvet gulped, "Wasnt our goal to make the world a place for.. everyone? I'm positive if I can get her on our team she'll be a great help-" he said hesitantly, scared for his life. "A place for people who want to survive. Not a place for people to worship terrible cookie-eating beasts they call gods. You only get 10 minutes for disrespecting my orders. Now go. I'm even more impatient now."
Enchantress poked him and turned around shooing them away, walking back up to her throne. Velvet quickly walked down the stairs to the cells, his heart was racing and he had no idea what to do at this point, in the moment he panicked and came up with a plan.
"Pastry.. Hello?" Pastry looked up, seeing him in such a state. "Hm? What happened, what's going on?" " I need you to leave the tower and never come back." Velvet quickly swung open the cell door, his voice shaky. "Pardon? Red your joking right? what are you talking about?" She stepped out and looked at him confused. "..What about you?" "I can take care of myself, we don't have that much time alright??" he frowned, "Well then You're coming with me." she glared at him. "You don't understand, if I leave they'll hunt me down, they won't care as much if you leave, everyone outside of our side is just numbers to her!" Pastry scoffed, "Does this not this sound familiar at all?!" She gripped her rosary necklace. "This won't end well if we split up. We will find a way. I am not the only one that matters here. You will get in trouble and die. I am not letting that happen!" "unlike your 'Mother', she will find me no matter what, she's quite literally an evil demi-God Pastry!"  "AND? She's a cult leader with hundreds of followers!" She grabbed him, "You are coming with me and that is final!" "I know but it's different because I'm her son pastry!-" "And you're scared of disobeying her, aren't you?" "Well maybe if your mother had the power to overthrow the witches, YEAH maybe I would be a little scared!" "Why do you care about this anyway how am I of ANY importance to you!?"
Velvet took a deep breath. "perhaps I'm not fucking heartless like your religion tells you I'm supposed to be??" "NO, BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEAN! YOU HAVE NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO HELP ME, I'M SURE IF WE NEVER WOULD'VE TALKED IN THE FIRST PLACE I'M SURE YOU WOULD STILL HATE ME! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HATE ME GOD DAMN IT!" She yelled before she pointed at his chest. "I DON'T KNOW WHY I CARE ABOUT YOU ALRIGHT??-"
the both of them stopped in their tracks as Enchantress' voice echoed through the tower. "RED VELVEEEET!" there was silence for a few seconds before Pastry spoke up, "Is that-" Velvet interrupted her "get the fuck out of here, if you want me to come with you that badly I'll meet you in the badlands.." Pastry stared at him for a moment before grabbing her crossbow from off the ground and quickly running out of the building, making her way out. Velvet watched her leave, before turning his gaze to the stairs, hesitantly walking back up to Enchantress.
"Yes mother?" "Have you gained anything? At all? Answer truthfully." she glared daggers at him. Velvet gulped, "-No, I threw her into the oven, she's dead now." Enchantress raised a brow "Oh?  and the other nun?" he tilted his head, a little confused. "You- you said to put licorice in charge of her?" "Yes, do you know what he did with the other one?" "Haven't seen him Mother.." Enchantress scoffed. "Useless. I guess if you want something done right you do it yourself." She sat up and grabbed her staff. "Good work Velvet. But don't backtalk to me, you understand? No son of mine would stand up to me in such a way." She looked down upon him and walked out of the room, going to kill the other cookie.

Velvet had never realized how much he'd been mistreated until now, Enchantress Cookie was no mother of his, and he knew it. Velvet had no idea how could get out of this without being searched for, maybe try his own advice, faking his death perhaps? how was he even going to manage that? an idea popped into his head, he sighed picking up his head as he made his way down the stairs towards the oven.
he carefully placed the scene, taking a body that was burnt apon recognition and attached an extra cake arm almost identical to his own onto the corpse, making sure the arm looked as natural and burnt as possible, yet to the point that it looked somewhat like himself before tossing it back into the oven, in a place it wouldn't burn further, but was also noticeable. he took a deep breath before making his way back up the stairs into the portal room, he paused. 'This is a bad idea, and either way, I won't stay hidden from them forever..' he took a deep breath. 'ah fuck it-' he quickly jumped into the portal, making sure there was no sign of him being there. he ran deep into the forest for what felt like forever before he found a valley, figuring it'd be the best place to rest for a while. 'Right.. now I just wait here until I get some sort of response.' he was honestly curious if they would even care about his death, he felt fairly guilty for leaving his mother like that, as well as his friends who were also like family to him. he sat down against a tree, closing his eyes as he laid there, he slowly fell asleep, exhausted mentally and physically.