Traitor.

Pastry came in and shut the door softly behind her, "My, you've been out all day!" Reverend Mother's voice echoed throughout the room. "Working hard of course." Pastry nodded. "What have you found out so far dear?" "The sacred oven has been producing these disgusting cake monster creatures. There are obviously things going on behind the scenes. A puppet master pulling the strings. A team planning to take over the world. Our gods seemed to have been unable to banish them permanently. But um Reverend Mother I have a question." Reverend turned around to face her "yes?" "I know we do executions quite often but is there another form of punishment? Like some sort of correction of behaviour?"
"I believe you are loyal enough to know, There are 2-3 other forms of punishment, for the second We break them down into crumbs then reconstruct a new young cookie using the remains, we erase their entire memory, or we cast them out to those nasty badlands for 3 months. I've learned from experience, if you are too merciful they will take advantage of you." "What about relearning the order? I remember seeing non believers in the church or people who doubt the Order go into that one room with you and they came out healed and better than ever.""I'm afraid we cannot talk about that yet, after the traitors identity is solved we may speak about it." "Y-yes of course Mother Reverend. I think I'm going to pray then go get rest. I have quite the headache." Pastry bowed and began to walk away at a fast pace. "have a good rest dear," Pastry made her way to her room and snuck out the window.

---------------------------

Red Velvet sighed, 'looks like there's another intruder, of course I just had to be the only one here..' he thought to himself searching the grounds. 'ah there you are-' he jumped onto the intruder stabbing them in the eye yelling could be heard echoing through the tower as he repeatedly stabbed them in the stomach, before you knew it everything was silent again. 'fuck-wit is good at hiding geez' he wiped the sweat off his forehead, hearing yelling from the front.
Pastry banged on the door, "What the hell is going on in there?!" he started sweeping the crumbs into the oven, "DOOR IS UNLOCKED" he yelled across the tower finishing with the mess.
She ran in. "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON IN HERE IS SOMEBODY IN DANGER?" "nope they're already dead so-" she interupted him "WHAT?- ..Whatever that's besid es the point. I just learned some new info. All the forms of punishment, But the one where cookies get special lessons. She said we can't talk about it until the traitor is discovered." Velvet tilted his head "aren't you the traitor or something?-" he stopped in his tracks, "I believe so..." She looked down with her palms clasped. Velvet glanced around the area, "You know that room next to the oven?" "Yes? what about it?" "Go in there, I'll be right behind you." "Alright then. I trust you."
Pastry walked in the room and knelt down. Velvet, quickly locked the door behind her and dashed off towards the entrance, he strolled through the empty allyway, keeping his eyes peeled.
Shadow Sister suddenly appeared behind him and grabbed his wrist slamming him on the floor and restraining him. "Hello dear. I'd Assume your the monster Red Velvet?" "HAH- FUCK-" he yelped "GET OFF ME" "I'm afraid I cannot. You see a 'Sister' of mine has been around this tower. You two seem to be getting to close, and that's against the Order. She's been sneaking out windows it seems to be coming over here. So before I kill you i'm gonna need to know where she is." he threw her off, slamming Shadow into a wall "Nobody has been here recently, who sent you here?" he grabbed his sword, pointing it towards her. "Mother Reverend of course. Pastry has not been doing she she's supposed to. We don't take kindly to traitors." She sweeped his feet and put her foot on his chest. "Now, where is she. Before I slaughter you disgusting abomination." he gripped his sword before he quickly sliced off her right leg as he stood back up "No other cookies are here other than you" he glared at her, holding his chest. "Liar. You filthy monstrous LIAR." Shadow took out a bow of her own. "Looks like i'll have to dispose of you first before I find her. i'll search this whole place to watch her she get what she deserves."
'shit..not this again..' Velvet took a step back. "Now tell me Red Velvet. Where is Pastry Cookie?" "I don't know what you want me to tell you, but she's not here, and that's my final answer. if you must kill me then so be it, you may consider yourselves the holy ones but your religion is FUCKED." he snarled.
Pastry banged on the door, sweating from the heat in the room. She heard everything but letting him die was not something she wanted. Even if he died she would still be found and both of them would be harmed.
he flinched apon hearing the sound, keeping eye contact with Shadow Sister. "Oh. What's in that door over there, huh?" She put on a menacing smile. Velvet felt as if his heart was coming up his throat, gripping his sword not daring to make a move, if he did it would surely be his last. "Lets take a look shall we?" Shadow kept her bow pointed and her eyes on him, walking backwards toward the room. She let the bow fall on the floor before she played with the door nob. "Oh. It's locked, could you be a dear and unlock it for me?" "and what if I don't.." Velvet huffed. "Then ill break down the door by force. I'll burn this whole tower to the ground if I have to. Your monstrosities will crumble and die as they should and Pastry will die underneath the crumbled tower. Crushed to death."
Velvet hesitantly went to open the door, knowing there wasn't many options. Shadow kept her bow up and pointed at his head. "Quick. I don't have all day." the door creaked open as Velvet took a step back, avoiding eye contact with either of them. "Ah! There you are! You are really good at pretending you know, not so much hiding. Lets go traitor. Mother will be so pleased to see what you've done." Shadow held a tight grasp on Pastry sinking her nails in her arm. "Oh and Red Velvet, thank you for the help~" She tugged on Pastry making her way out the tower as Velvet grabbed his sword yanking back Shadow Sister as he stabbed her in the forehead before throwing her onto the ground. Pastry, terrified, covered her mouth as she took a few steps back, trembling. Velvet was still extremely shaken up, he walked back towards the tower. Out of fear and shock she decided to run back to the church.

----------------------------------

Pastry ran in through the church entrance as Reverend saw Pastry rushing in" Oh my, what happened? You look traumatized?" "It's Shadow Sister Cookie, she's been taken down. I'm sorry I couldn't do anything I was so shocked I-" Pastry stopped herself. "Mother i'm so sorry I don't understand what happened-" "please relax and tell me everything that happened, dear child" her normal cheery expression drained from her face. "I was at the tower unaware Sister Shadow had followed me and that monster we tried to execute appeared and- he killed her Mother he killed her!"
"oh my.." "I'm so sorry Mother nobody could ever replace Shadow Sister she was one of your most trusted students. Forgive me." " ...We shall search the tower for this beast Tomorrow, you should rest." Pastry felt horrible, caught up in the moment. "Mother... I have something to confess. I've been holding it for too long and you will most likely be disappointed in me." Reverend Mother turned around to face Pastry "..What would that be?" "I have our information away. I disobeyed the Order. I'm the traitor. I'm ready to accept whatever punishment you have for me. I know I was well trusted but I believe I should be punished for my misdeeds."
Reverend lowered her head "...I am disappointed in you, no matter, all may be fixed." she walked past Pastry, heading into The Room. "If you'll follow me, dear?" "Y-Yes Mother." Pastry walked in and looked around, having second guesses. "I'm different than the others I swear! I'll pray more I'll participate in church more often, I'll kill that cake monster to avenge Sister Shadow!" the door closed on its own behind them "I'm afraid you know too much for that dear." "Mother please I won't disappoint you again I swear!" Pastry started to sob knowing what her fate was. Her hands clasped together. "Mother please I beg, I'll be good I swear! I'll be good.."  "Dont worry, I'll only rid you of your memory of that terrible creature, he's the one who started all of this." her eyes widened as she stared at Pastry, who had never seen her eyes before, they were sharp and demonic, staring into her. Reverend's expression was blank, hypnotic, Pastry could feel Herself falling unconscious as her eyes fluttered shut, collapsing onto the floor.