Sugar.

Editor's note: Sorry not much happened in the last chapter, I've given this one a little more angst and made it a little longer to apologize!

Pastry had stayed up all night sewing herself a loose light purple button-up to put over her shirt, she stretched herself before tying up her hair into a high bun with a strip of fabric. She stood herself up and went out to look for food, she found a couple of things and went back to the old house, Starting up a fire as she began to cook the food, waiting for Velvet to wake.
a few minutes later he awoke, Stretching as he got up, laying chiffon on the moss next to him. He walked back into the main room, Pastry waiting there for him. "Morning, I managed to get some food, you can have it once it's done." Velvet sat down on the ground. "Ah- thanks, but aren't you going to eat as well?" "I will, just finishing up with cooking, I'll eat later don't worry about me." Pastry said as she rubbed her eyes. "hm, did you at least get any sleep?" "I uh- wasn't tired, and still aren't." she continued to cook the food over the fire. "I don't believe that for a moment, you should take a short nap or something." Pastry sighed, "I'm used to staying up for a period of days, I'm also used to not eating for a period of time. besides, there's still more I need to do." "That is definitely not normal, you need to rest, stop overworking yourself Pastry." "Of course it's not normal, it's my religion, The Order obviously had different rules and customs than the outsiders. Also, what do we plan on doing about money? we have no source and No, stealing is out of the question." "What would we need money for again?" "Things, better food.. and that's all I can think of." "I'm used to having to make things from scratch in the wild, and I turned out just fine, I'm sure we don't need to worry about that as for now." he huffed. "Alright, you got me there. But, I don't think sleeping is a good thing for me." "What do you mean it's a bad idea???" Velvet yelled out in confusion.
"Frist of all, lower your tone. Second of all, I'm already thinking about things that I don't want to and sleeping will make them worse." "Sleeping won't make shit worse, you have dark circles under your eyes-" "Fine. if it will silence you, I'll go to sleep." she handed him his food as she got up and walked away to a separate room. Velvet sighed, 'This woman is gonna be the end of me..' Pastry went into the room and laid her back against the wall, taking a deep breath before resting her eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep.

Velvet heard a scream from the other room, quickly getting himself up as he rushed into the room. "You alright??" he asked, worried. A single tear ran down Pastry's cheek as she wiped it off, shaking. "I don't know- I don't think so-" Velvet relaxed himself, not wanting to startle her, seeing as she was in a fragile state. he walked over and knelt down in front of her so he could look her in the eyes. "Are you hurt or anything..?" he asked in a worried tone. "No no it's just uhm.. a nightmare is all."
she rubbed her eyes. "Did you want to talk about it or would you prefer not to?" "It's uh, It's Order stuff, I'm sure you wouldn't understand.." Velvet sat himself down, "I don't have to understand, it usually gives a lot of relief to just simply talk or let it out.." Pastry paused for a moment, hesitating before speaking.
"..Mother Reverend was a very kind understanding woman. But y'know you have to follow a strict amount of rules my childhood grew up with those rules. She yelled at me a lot. A lot.  smacked with rulers sometimes. I was but still, sort of am afraid of her. She was very scary as much as she was merciful. I have never wanted to disobey her whatsoever. Punishment is absolutely a terrifying thought. When I went into the room it was just-" She stopped herself and looked at the floor. "..what do you mean by The Room?" Velvet asked, "Nothing, it's nothing of importance." Velvet took a deep breath, giving off a weak smile. "Alright then, I'm not going to force you to say anything."
Pastry was silent for a moment before speaking again, "It's the room where they brainwashed me, I thought I could make up for my sins but I was told it had been too late for me. I had forgotten your existence, I pleaded but she just wouldn't listen.. I hate to admit it but I was terrified." "I'm surprised you regained your memory so quickly," Velvet said. "I have a keen memory, and besides, you helped me, some things you just cannot forget."
she paused, "Maybe it was for the best that I met you." she paused once again, "Ugh- that sounds so stupid forget I said that." she rubbed her temples. "oh- there's nothing wrong with what you said-" Velvet said as he rubbed the back of his neck, still a little confused. "I just wish I could stop thinking about it,  fear can't even begin to describe how I felt." Pastry took a deep breath, "I-I'm sorry I shouldn't be talking out loud." "-don't worry about it, you're not doing anything wrong there's no need to apologize, is this the reason you were so hesitant to sleep?" Pastry nodded and yawned, still being tired.
"It's such a stupid thing to be afraid of falling asleep isn't it.." "is there anything I can do to help?" "No no it's fine, everything's alright." she breathed in and out, trying to calm herself down. "you sure?" Velvet asked, still pretty worried. Pastry thought for a moment before speaking up once again, "I honestly don't know."
she let out a nervous laugh, "this is stupid why am I speaking of such things.." "It's really not as.. stupid as you say it is, they're normal emotions Pastry." "but I'm not supposed to feel like this, none of this feels real!" "Listen, I know we're in a tough spot, but we're both safe now alright?" he put his hand on her shoulder. Pastry looked at him, then the hand placed on her shoulder. "..are we though?" Velvet sighed, "..For the most part?"
Pastry stayed silent for a moment before wrapping her arms around him, pulling him into a hug. She hasn't had much loving touch in her life, usually just a slap or a handshake. Velvet flinched apon contact, being caught off guard by the hug. he quickly relaxed himself as he held the back of her head gently, holding her close to him. of course neither of them were good with affection and were most likely touch-starved but something about this felt right, comforting. eventually, Pastry had gotten a little too comfortable, falling asleep in his arms, still holding on. after sitting there for a few minutes Velvet laid her against the mossy wall, letting her sleep. still paranoid about her having another nightmare he sat next to her, his fingers intertwined with hers.