Unlucky.

Velvet sat himself down on a bench in front of the kingdom, the sun rising from over the town as he squinted from the light. He lowered his head taking a deep breath, now he just needed to wait.

Madeleine popped out in front of him. "Ahh! Hello friend!" Velvet felt a bit awkward, their last encounter had been a bit, unpleasant. "ehm- Hello.." Madeleine paused for a moment. "So uh- how's it going?"

"better, though not the best." Velvet responded. "oh? did something happen?" "..It's nothing to worry about." Madeleine paused for a moment. "Alrighty then, hope everything goes well! you think you're ready to train today my friend?"

Velvet nodded. "I believe I am." he was honestly a bit nervous about it, being around so many other cookies. "Alright! hurry along and follow me!" Velvet nodded once again, standing up as Madeleine lead him to the courtyard.

He lead him through the castle entrance, going through a separate exit, to a courtyard full of different cookies, all armoured and training.

"And here's where we practice!" he said with pride. Velvet quickly noticed one of the knights giving him a strange look, they looked ready to devour him. he decided to ignore it, nodding as he turned back to face madeleine.

The knight glared at him for a further moment before standing up and calling out, "SIR- THAT IS A DANGEROUS COOKIE YOU'VE BROUGHT INTO OUR TERRITORY!"

Velvet was pretty caught off guard by the statement, freezing up. Madeleine turned around. "Huh? show some respect for our new recruit!"

"No! Sir you don't understand- I saw him on a mission, he works under the witch! THE Dark Enchantress Cookie!" the incoherent chatter amongst the knights came to a sudden stop, Velvet could feel their eyes burning through his skin. a few of them drawing their weapons.

Madeleine quickly spoke up. "Hold on hold on don't point fingers! I've known this man for enough time to know that he is not evil! How rude of you to assume something like that! We strive for honesty young knight. I expected better of you."

"But sir I-" the knight was quickly cut off. "Now put your weapons down and go back to what you were doing!" he turned back to Velvet, frowning. "I'm so sorry about that my friend."

Velvet nodded, chills going down his spine. he figured all would probably be revealed in time, but maybe he wouldn't be shunned out? Madeleine seemed like a good guy. he pushed it aside deciding to worry about it when it needed to be.

"The kid's a trouble maker, just don't worry about him!" Madeleine huffed. "I actually uh, have to do something before training starts so if you could sit tight that'd be great-" Velvet nodded once again. "uh yeah, I'll see you when you get back."

Velvet made his way over to a nearby bench, sitting himself down. after he left, he glanced around a bit, accidentally locking eye contact with the knight who had almost ratted him out, who seemed to have been waiting for Madeleine's leave.

The knight stormed up to him. "I don't know what evil game shit you're playing but you don't belong here, especially with the King and Queen so near. You need to Leave."

Velvet Glared at him. "Unfortunately, I will not be doing that. I don't have any ill intentions, so get it out of your head buddy." he crossed his arms, standing up, towering over the boy.

"-Oh, yea? Do you think you can just come here and say whatever you want? I don't believe a single thing coming out of your dirty little mouth." He shoved him. "You think you can blend in just like that? I mean look at yourself, and think again."

Velvet took a step back, narrowing his eyes. "Watch yourself" he growled under his breath. "This behaviour of yours is childish."

The knight smirked and let out a small airy laugh. "You kidding me? Your a worker, or used to be a worker, of our greatest enemy! And you think you can come into the god-forsaken COOKIE CASTLE, and expect to be treated with respect? You're scum, an evil beast who doesn't fit here. We all have places and you're disrupting our duties. You need to learn your place and go back to that tower of yours and murder more of our people while you're at it. You're manipulating our dumbass leader and I don't appreciate that." the knight drew his sword.