New Faces.

Velvet slowly awoke, getting out of bed as he strolled over to the living room, seeing Pastry still asleep. 'Surprised she isn't awake already, must be tired.' he sat at the counter, playing with his hair while he waited for her to wake up. after an hour or so, Pastry awoke as well. she yawned and stretched. 'Since when did I use a quilt last night?' She got up and rubbed her eyes. "Velvet? Are you awake..?" She looked around. "hm? morning..!" he smiled, looking over to see her.

Slightly squinting, Pastry rubbed her eyes, "Well it seems you have energy... Better mood I see?" She smiled and rolled her eyes. She walked over to a chair and sat down. "So what have you been doing for the time you've been awake?" "..uh, staring at the wall and rethinking my life decisions." "Ah.... Lovely. Well, why don't we STOP doing that? and stop being so edgy!" She sighed, "I'm hungry. Do you know if they have food here or I have to go out?" "you can check" he started playing with a strand of his hair

"Alright then." She walked over to the cabinet to look for something. "Oh, would you look at that!" There were a few types of jellies in there. She took some for herself and Red Velvet. "Want some?" "not hungry, thanks for the offer." "Suit yourself!" She took them to the chair and table and started to eat. "You sure your not hungry?  You haven't eaten for a while." "I'm good." Velvet rested his chin on the counter. "Okay. is there anything we need to do today?" "Not that I'm aware of, I know I need to go back to work today though, training or something."

After a while, Velvet noticed the time. "Well- I gotta head out to the castle now then, I'll see you later!" "Oh- goodbye! Have a good day at uh- work?" She waved. "alright, don't lose your Christ crackers while I'm gone" he walked out the door heading for town. "The fuck is that supposed to mean?!" She huffed and finished eating her breakfast.

---------------------------------------------

Espresso walked along the path, wrapping himself up in his coat, a little cold from the breeze as he gently rubbed his eye, exhausted. Madeleine ran up behind him, picking him up. "Morning Espresso! Have you gotten a good sleep??" "do ask before lifting me, and I got a good enough amount." he huffed, crossing his arms. "Oh don't be so glum friend! Cheer up!" He twirled him around.

"god, mhm, it's windy out today," Espresso looked at the trees, watching the leaves move with the wind, fixing his glasses "I may just blow away." "Exactly! That is why I must carry you! Make sure you won't blow away!" Madeleine smiled from ear to ear. "you're doing a good job," he smiled softly, fixing his coat. Madeleine chuckled to himself, "I am? But of course, I am! I'm the strongest cookie you know!" "oh? is that so?"

Madeleine looked behind him, seeing Red Velvet sitting on the bench again. "OH, RED VELVET!" He walked over carrying Espresso in his arms. "How are you doing this fine morning?!" "ah- uh- doing alright-" Espresso looked at him, before looking back at the sky, ignoring the conversation, zoning out. "Splendid! Espresso, I was thinking you go over the schedule with him! Ya know since you watch and help train the knights!" he didn't answer, staring at the clouds instead, smiling slightly.

He snapped in his face, "Earth to Espresso?" He sighed and dropped them. "Sorry about his behaviour, you have to forgive him!" He scratched the back of his neck. "ow!- asshole!-" Espresso snapped back, rubbing his head. "Don't.. Worry about it?" Velvet said awkwardly. "Well, you must pay attention! I'm trying to talk to you! Anyways, Velvet you're gonna go with Espresso for now alright?" Velvet nodded, carefully standing up. He pat his back and waved goodbye. "Now I have to start training, I'll see you two soon!" She strutted away.

Velvet looked to Espresso, "I'll follow your lead then." "yeah yeah-" he dusted himself off "sorry about my sour attitude, I dont get much sleep, dont take it personally if I say something." Espresso chuckled, leading Velvet down the path. "Come on now, we don't have all day!"