Cracks and Dough.

----

Enchantress sat on a chair that sat in her room, reading through a book, pausing to clean off her reading glasses before putting them back on. She figured she could a break, a lot was happening and she needed to get her mind off it.

She looked as she heard her door quietly creak open, Velvet's head peeking through. What? this must be another hallucination right? he wouldn't just... She closed her book and glared at him as he stood there staring back.

"..It's you again isn't it?" She frowned. "Come here, I know you're alive dear and I promise I will bring you home.." Velvet slowly walked into the room closing the door behind him, without breaking eye contact. "You.. confuse me." his voice echoed.

"What? How is it so confusing for a mother to love her beautiful child?" Velvet scoffed, " I heard everything you said about me, saw everything that occurred after my death. is that what you really think of him? a pathetic useless child who's only good for wielding the oven? is that the only reason you pretended to care about me??" he narrowed his eyes. "Oh, what a waste of space and time to you, aren't I??"

"Oh no no no sweetie your perfect in every way, Mother was just a bit angry, you understand right? I would never want to see you crumble.." She stood up and put her hand on his cheek.

"Have you not seen what you did to him? Turned him into a mindless slave for you? We're terrified of you 'Mother'." he slapped her hand away. "No- no, he works with me, not for me! I promised you a world of our own, didn't I? I was going to make it perfect, we'd finally have freedom!"

"Do you perhaps not remember all those times I stood in front of you, shaking and crying as you insulted me over and over? what about the multiple scars you gave me?" Velvet put his hands behind his back. "I- It was just discipline to make sure you wouldn't mess up again! That doesn't mean I don't love you!" She took a step back, refusing to believe she was in the wrong.

"Oh-! Remember the time you had someone beat me for crying when I was eight or so??" he circled around her frowning. "Or- What about the time covered my arm in boiling candle wax??"

"I- You don't know what you are talking about. You're not even real-" Velvet quickly interrupted her, "You sick twisted FUCKING EXCUSE OF A MOTHER" "LEAVE ME ALONE!" She covered her ears, taking another step back.

Velvet gripped her arm, digging his claws into her skin. "NO WONDER WE FUCKING LEFT THIS GOD-FORSAKEN HELL HOLE, YOU MISTREATED ME TO THE POINT I COULDN'T TELL WHAT WAS REAL OR NOT, TO THE POINT I COULDN'T FUCKING LOOK AT ANOTHER COOKIE WITHOUT BEING BONE DEAD TERRIFIED OF DEATH-"

he started melting once again, the ceiling dripping with a black liquid which inside laid a sea of eyes all staring at her once again, the light from the room dimming until she could barely see anything.

"IM SORRY-- JUST LEAVE ME ALONE YOU'RE NOT REAL-" After his hands melted off she walked backwards and let out a terrified scream, her heart racing as she fell to her knees against the wall, her head spinning.

everything quickly disappeared as Pomegranate cookie burst through the door. "Are you alright Master??" she said worriedly. "NO. YOU'RE DOING THIS AREN'T YOU?!" Enchantress stood herself up stomping over to Pomegranate as she grabbed her by the shoulders. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?!"

She took a sharp breath, startled and confused as her eyes widened. "Master please relax I.." Enchantress cut her off. "You're the only cookie I know with this type of power.. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!"

Pomegranate tried to keep herself composed "I swear I didn't do anything.. Please relax miss.." she shut her eyes tightly. "You wretched thing you know EXACTLY what you're doing!" She grasped her by the neck and slammed her into the wall, lifting her off the ground.