Short-lived.

Pastry woke up, and looked around, "What happened..?" Reverend Mother sat on the side of Pastry's bed, "you must have been tired child, you passed out whilst we were talking!" "Oh. Very sorry about that Mother." Pastry said as she sat up " do not worry about it, dear, but must let you know, I've heard the news about Shadow Sister being murdered by a creature near the tower, do you think you could hunt down this being? I believe he has a cake for an arm." "Yes of course mother. Justice shall be served for our fallen Sister." Pastry got up and grabbed her weapon, She bowed to Reverend Mother before making her way out the room and out of the church.

--------------------------

Velvet stopped himself, sighing as he stared at Shadow's body on the floor. he picked up the body and brought it to the top of the Tower, where Enchantress Cookie laid. reaching the top he stopped at the top of the stairs, he bowed his head, "Dark Enchantress, may I speak with you?" Enchantress sat on her throne, turning her head over to him. "What's troubling you, young one?" "I believe I found something that could hold valuable information if you will allow me to revive them, then interrogate them. They are the third highest role from the Order." "Oh is that so? Well then if you say so. Bring them in. I want them interrogated as soon as possible. If they don't cooperate bring them by force if you must. Now go. I don't want to hear from you until you have the needed information." he nodded, hooking them up to a machine that would bring them back, making sure to chain them in and block their vision.
"It will take 28 hours to complete the process," Velvet said. "Go then. And do not disappoint me." "Of course." Velvet started up the machine, as it started rebuilding the cookie crumb by crumb. "uh you wouldn't mind if I called you Mother... Right?" he rubbed his cake arm, a little nervous about asking such things. Enchantress cackled, "Oh dear don't be ridiculous child. You are like the son I've never bad. I'd be charmed." "Thank you" he let off a soft smile. "carry on then. Get back to work on the cakes." She shooed him away with her hand. Velvet nodded "I'll be back tomorrow, she should be back alive by then," he said speeding back down the steps.
he noticed a familiar figure near the gate, 'she's back already?' he thought to himself as he jumped down from the wall behind her "Welcome back..?" Pastry turned around and looked him up and down, before grabbing her bow and arrow and pointing it at him. "Woah woah- Relax" he took a step back. "In the name of the Dough, the Oven, and the Witches, you must be executed for your crimes. How dare you murder a sister of the Order." "Pastry RELAX. she tried to kill you not even a day ago-" he took another step back gripping his sword. "How do you know my name? A fellow Sister would never harm me in any way." She took steps closer holding her bow in position. "Did you hit your head or something? Have you gone insane? she tried to turn you in for saving me? I've never seen you before in my life. Mother has commanded me to kill you at once. I would never save such a disgusting creature as yourself."
"what the fuck.." velvet said under his breath, "Now. Hold still for execution. The gods will be pleased once you're gone." Velvet lashed out, "Really? This AGAIN? AT THIS POINT IM DONE WITH YOUR BULL SHIT-" he yelled out as he grabbed her restraining her against the wall "FUCK YOU, FUCK THE GODS, FUCK YOUR MANIPULATIVE ASS 'MOTHER" "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU IN MY LIFE. WHO EVEN ARE YOU AND HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?" he let go of her as he walked back towards the tower, "I see you around this God damn place again and you're dead." he went into the oven room, frustrated with himself. Pastry huffed and made her way back to church.

--------------------------

Velvet walked up the steps, bowing in front of Enchantress. "She should be conscious very soon." "Good." She looked at him, "What seems to be troubling you." "hm?" "Your expression your body language. You look conflicted, I can tell when you are." "mutual of mine tried to kill me yesterday, they seemed to have lost some of their memory." "I see. No matter. All you need is this tower and your coworkers. Nothing more. If I were you I'd get rid of them. Mutuals are nothing but useless allies." Velvet hesitantly nodded "of course.."
he walked over to the machine waiting for Shadow to awaken as her eyes creaked open, "What on earth... where am I?" "Welcome back, Shadow Sister." "What have you done you monster. What is the meaning of this?" she struggled to move "I'm sure both me and you know the information you hold." "I'll never talk." Velvet looked over the edge of the tower, seeing pastry at the entrance once again. "Seems she's back earlier than expected."
Velvet made his way down the stairs, upon finding her, he knocked her into a wall, his sword cutting the edge of her neck, "What the hell did I say.." Pastry tried to stay serious, caught off guard. "Mother had given me a mission, therefore I must keep going until I finish it even if it kills me." he pressed his sword deeper into her neck "Get the fuck out." "I cannot do that. You are angry I understand that, but I don't understand the immediate hatred to me. Before I tried to kill you." "Did they fuckin reset your memory or something??" he growled "What? If you're talking about the Order we don't do that there. There are only two forms of punishment and special lessons. I don't understand why your upset." "you told me there were more?"
Pastry took a deep breath, "I told you I've never met you in my life! I've never talked to you up until yesterday." "Listen I don't have the willpower to kill you but I'm not going to just let you murder me, spare me this and just leave." "But I'll have to come back the next day." "Why, just so we can tell at each other again and get nowhere with this?" "No. I cannot stop till my job is done. You must be executed." "So be it then." Velvet used the back of his sword to knock her out.
he took a shaky breath, as he carried her back up to the top, throwing her in a holding cell. "I got another one Mother," "How wonderful! I must say I'm impressed. Would you like a reward of some sorts?" Enchantress praised him. "Thank you for the offer, but there is nothing I would need." "Suit yourself kid. Talk to the other one as well. I have something to go do." She say up from her chair and made her way down the steps.
Velvet sat down in a nearby chair, glaring at Shadow Sister as they waited for Pastry to awaken as Shadow sat in silence, glaring back. he closed his eyes as Pastry woke up "welcome back." She looked over to her side. "Oh! Shadow Sister thank heavens your alive! Mother told me you were no more-"  "Shut up." Shadow snapped back " I wouldn't be here if you would've done your mission right the first time." "I believe her memory of the past two weeks has been erased, she doesn't know what you're talking about." Velvet said, "Doesn't matter. She should still feel shame for her misdeeds." Shadow snarled.
"Quiet bitch, I'm not here to hear your drama." "You're just upset that your only source of information forgets you entirely. It's pathetic really. Just go back to hating her and all this will be better for us all. Oh please don't tell me you CARE about her?" Velvet quickly avoided the question "I couldn't give less fucks about the information, I have no use for it." "what..?" Pastry looked at the both of them, confused. "This Mother of yours erased your memory, that's it." "Huh? I don't understand-" Pastry tilted her head " I didn't expect you to." "When can I leave." "That's not up to me." "Can you help me remember perhaps..?" "be better if you didn't, find out for yourself." Shadow interrupted them, "Oh, do you ever shut up?" Velvet glared at Shadow "Not sure what She wants me to ask, so I'll just have to watch you until she returns."
"...my apologies for not remembering." Pastry said, "your memories were erased, stop acting like it's your fault." Velvet said, clearly annoyed. "Understood. What was your name again?" "sigh... Red Velvet Cookie." he shifted in his seat. Pastry mumbled to herself. "It sounds familiar." "Do you perhaps.. take care of those little cake things? Right?" Velvet nodded "yes, I do?" "Oh...I didn't think I would be right."
Enchantress walked up the stairs as she sighed, "I'm back. Red do me a favour and separate them. Let licorice take one and you take the other. If they have no useful information then kill them." "of course mother," Velvet grabbed Pastry and brought her down to the main cells, throwing her in and locking the door behind her.
Pastry was silent for a moment before speaking up "Do you hate me?" Velvet scoffed "why would it matter?" "I just thought I was supposed to hate you. but I don't." Velvet sat down on a chair nearby the cell "This is just all so strange." Pastry said, looking away. "in what way?" he asked "I'm not so sure myself. maybe how familiar things are. But it doesn't matter now. My death is soon and I must accept it the way it is. I guess it was nice while it lasted." "phsst- stop being so dramatic you're not gonna fuckin die." "Well why not. That's your job, you expressed your hatred toward me and almost decapitated me. I also have no useful information for you and who I'm suspecting is your leader said to dispose of me. It would be strange not to kill me." Red Velvet looked away, knowing she was right, he'd just have to hope Enchantress would understand.
"It's quite alright really. I feel as if I deserve it to upset you that much." "Listen- you didn't do anything wrong, I was upset with myself alright?" Pastry tilted her head "How so.? There's no need to be upset, you were doing what you were told to do, and so was I, That's our role we need to fulfil." Velvet took a deep breath "It was something that happened before you lost your memory." "..Maybe it'd be best to help me remember, I have no use to attack you at any time, so I promise I won't." velvet crossed his arms, "I'm sure you'll figure it out on your own over time, How would I help you remember in the first place?" "I'm not sure if we have that time, and I'm not too sure, is there any specific places you can show me?" "I- Could try..?"
Velvet unlocked the cell cautiously, "I only have two places in mind we would be able to go" he carefully made his way down the steps, making sure he wouldn't be spotted.
Velvet took her to the old house they had talked at after their first encounter, "is this familiar in any way?" he asked creaking open the door. Pastry glanced around the area "Hm. Perhaps. I remember a tiny little cake here although. This is uh- um." She stared a bit longer. "First meeting perhaps?" "Second meeting, you came to find answers the after you tried to fucking kill me and ended up leaving traumatized with the knowledge that your whole life was a lie." "Huh. Really..." Pastry adjusted her veil, she went silent and zoned out thinking about it. It's like pulling memories from nowhere and thinking about that day hurt a bit. It made her upset to remember and think about that.
"Let's continue." Velvet took a deep breath, walking back outside and back into the tower, heading to the second top tray leading her through a specific portal, landing in The Badlands. "this was the last place we talked without trying to kill each other" Pastry looked around and sat on her knees. Looking around some more she smiled a bit. "..Uhm" Velvet stood there unsure of what to say, "Come sit!" She pat the ground next to her. Velvet set down on the grass cautiously, he didn't remember her being like this before they were acquainted, where were they gonna stab him or something? "Hey Red, I think I remember." "Remember what exactly?" "Remember how fascinating you are." Velvet was bit caught off guard "ah- what-" "What i said when we were here the first time." Velvet took a deep breath "right- is that all you remember? Also I'm surprised you haven't been treating me like a feral dog." "Because your not one. I mean your helping me as we speak. Can i ask you something?" Velvet nodded, a little confused "The room. why'd you lock me in." Pastry asked "Remember when I said Shadow sister tried to kill you?" "No i remember now. Just why didn't you let it happen then. You would've gotten rid of the problem, being me." "I- really don't want to deal with that drama right now-" pastry was also confused now "It's not drama? it's a simple question about your choices." "DONT QUESTION IT!-" he yelled as Pastry flinched and shuffled a bit to the side. She looked the opposite way of him. "Jeez sorry... no need to shout, I didn't mean to upset you." "whatever-" he huffed. "Should we go back now. I don't want you to get in trouble." "alright, you're going to have to stay in the cell for now though." Velvet stood back up "Thats fine with me." She also stood up and made her way to the portal.