A Helping Hand.

Velvet had woken up rather early this morning, he sat on the side of the bed, stretching as he yawned and rubbed his eyes. 'aah- god- my back hurts..' he decided to go take a walk, get a little peace of mind and wake himself up.

Velvet made his way out of the overgrown house and through the forest, running into a nice little pond as he sat on a nearby rock, closing his eyes as the warm breeze flowed through the trees.

he quickly woke up from his little trance, hearing footsteps in the bushes behind him. 'shit.. it was foolish of me as to not bring my sword..' he quickly stood up, scanning the area he had heard the sounds. a familiar figure shifting out as they dusted off their robes, looking up to see him as they made eye contact. What? it couldn't be him, he was supposed to be long dead for all Velvet knew!

Pure Vanilla stood before him, seeming a bit startled, his eyes glistening in the sunlight as he took a step back. eventually, the cookie spoke. "..hello? sorry for my sudden appearance-.." the both of them were a bit speechless. "wait wait- Pure Vanilla Cookie? how the hell are you alive??" "that I- don't think I can answer, as I am not too sure of what happened myself. I was attempting to find my way back to my gardens, but it seems I may be on the wrong track.." he nervously chuckled, Velvet glaring at him, a bit alarmed. "..The town is that way." he pointed in its direction. "I assume you'd know your way from there."

Vanilla glanced at the small trail before looking back to Velvet as he bowed his head in thanks before speaking up once again, "May I ask what you are doing out here, cookie?" he asked. "oh uh- me and a.. friend both kinda ran away from our guardians after some stuff was revealed and now we're living in some old rotten house near the edge of the forest, why do you ask?" "oh, dear.. I hope you are both doing well, if you ever need a better place to stay you may come to me, you don't seem bad at all!" he smiled. "..you sure? we kind of met just now?" "Oh don't worry about it, I can sense good intentions in you." Pure Vanilla turned to leave, "I shall be on my way now, have a great day!"

Velvet made his way back to the house, still a bit confused with what had happened. of course, Pastry was already awake, having been used to the church schedule, and had already finished with the food. he walked in the door, sitting down nearby. "morning.." Pastry turned to see him. "Morning, where have you been?" "Just taking a walk." he stretched himself out. Pastry sighed, handing him his food. "I was thinking, we should look for a better place to stay, like an actual house or something." "fair enough, we also ignored the fact that Pomegranate Cookie knows where we are, luckily she mustn't have said anything as we haven't been attacked yet." he started eating his food. "maybe she made the right choice to mind her business." Pastry continued to sew a blanket she was working on. "I'm sorry but enchantress is a coward. If she wanted something done she would do it herself. Not make others do the dirty work."

"I feel like it's best not to trash talk Enchantress-" Velvet still had the fear of her in his heart, weighing him down. he was used to her knowing his every move, every word. "what? not like she can hear me." Velvet took a deep breath, "Never mind, just being a little paranoid.." "..Come on don't tell me you're scared of her?" "I-I don't know.. perhaps she's considered some sort of demi-god??" "And? the Gods I worship and ten times bigger, and they EAT US. plus she's old." Velvet chuckled at the comment as Pastry smirked and nudged him, "Seriously though, I won't let that witch hurt you." velvet paused for a moment, "hah- as if either of could do shit." "She lays a finger on either of us I'll rock that old bitches shit so hard she'll have to be in a wheelchair chair"

"so.. Where do we plan on staying next?" velvet asked, "Somewhere in town sounds nice. I'm just wondering if it will be too dangerous." "I'm sure if someone was going to look for us it wouldn't be in town, I'm sure it'll be fine!" "But what about coins. We have to pay to stay in a place so we need money." "I could rob someone-" "Absolutely not. Out of the question." Pastry glared at him. "If I found out you stole something I'm gonna whoop your ass. Anyways let's get going! I'm sure we'll find something!" She got up and grabbed his hand smiling. She pulled him out the door as she walked to town. "alright fine-"