Distraught.

Espresso angrilly stomped up the stairs to his office, unlocking the door and slamming it shut behind him as got intside, closing the blinds as he grumbled to himself.

he paused for a moment before quickly walking over to his chalkboard, grabbing a white peice of chalk as he started to scribble out a few ideas, the scratching was quite soothing to his ears.

He itched his head, groaning. "Damn it.." he mumbled, a bit frustraughted with the complications. He thought for a moment before picking up his phone from the desk, sending a text to someone.

he sat down and tapped his finger on the desk, a bit irritaded with himself. suddenly he heard a knock on the door, a familiar voice coming from the front door. It was Latte's voice, Espressos sister.

"Espresso dear? you here?" "ah- Coming!" he hurried to his feet, stumbling down the steps as he opened the door, Latte standing outside awaiting him.

"Why hello there, what did you need?" she smiled warmly. "ahh, my favourite sibling! I uh- need help with work." he huffed as he stepped aside. "Come on in!"

Latte chuckled. "How am I not surpised?" she walked inside as Espresso shut the door behind her. "Yeah yeah, whatever. I didn't invite you over for your bickering!" he said, leading her up the stairs into his office once again, sitting back down in his chair.

Latte walked inside, almost slipping on a few papers that littered the ground, leaning down and picking them up. "Oh sugar, you still haven't tidy'd up? you must keep organized, perhaps work would then be easier!"

"Sorry I just, uh, been stressed lately is all. normally it'd be somewhat cleaner." He said, standing up as he walked back over to the board, erasing and writing down a few things before walking back over and sitting down.

Latte sighed and pulled up a chair to look him face to face. "What's been troubling you? You know you can always talk to me." "No no, it's nothing much, I'd rather just get my work done." "..Come on don't be like that, you have time later. Talk to me!"

Espresso paused for a moment, glaring at her. "I think you need to leave." Latte look at him surprised. "Huh? Oh- alright then.. But just-" she was quickly interrupted. "Go."

Latte frowned, taking a deep breath, nodding as she stood up. "Take care then, text me if you need anything." she started to make her way down the stairs. 'I've only been here for a few minutes, what's up with him?' she thought to herself.

Espresso watched her making her way out of view through the window. He was wide awake, despite not having slept the past two nights. He stood himself up, taking off his cape and setting it aside before fixing his bandages and heading out of his office, hesitating for a moment before making his way out of the house.

..

Espresso made his way into town, walking along the streets as he crossed his arms, a bit anxious. It was fairly late out, the moon high in the sky, barely anyone wondering the streets aside from him. However, he knew a certain someone would still be out.

He looked over to see Madeleine sitting on a bench. They made eye contact for a few seconds before Madeleine turned his head the opposite way, crossing his arms.

Espresso took a deep breath before walking up to him, sitting down aside him. "You can look at me, I'm not here to lecture you." "You always say that, then proceed to lecture me. What do you want?"

"I'm uh.. Apologizing. I lashed out for no reason." Espresso said, glancing away. "Are you really sorry or do you just want me to stop being mad at you?" Espresso looked back at him. "No, I'm simply- sorry. I was erm.. upset about something with work. What I Did was wrong."