Jam-Shead.

Latte and Velvet made their way into the Church Courtyard, the sun just rising over the hills as the fresh air swayed the trees. Latte quickly noticed the Detective sitting on a bench nearby, scratching notes onto his clipboard. The detective and Latte didn't have the best relationship, especially after the divorce.

Latte walked over, brushing aside her frown with her natural cheery look. "Hello, Almond." She didn't envy him of course, since they had separated, she, for the most part, she grew far from attached. Yet, she would still be nice to him.

Almond looked up from his notepad to see the two. "..can I help you?" He asked, a bit confused on why she was there, assuming she wanted something from him.

"I and this young fellow are looking for Espresso and Madeleine, have you seen them today 'mond?" he shook his head. "Afraid I can't help you, I haven't seen them."

"Well, that's perfect." Latte huffed, turning back to Velvet. "I'm sorry we couldn't find them, I don't have any more ideas of where they could be." Velvet glanced to the church's steeple, towering over the trees in the distance, not far from here as they were already in the Church property. Something felt.. Off.

"..I have a feeling we should check the Church." he hesitantly responded. "The Church?" Latte was a bit confused by his choice but decided to go along with it for now. She looked to Almond. "Are we allowed inside?"

"I believe so, you have your wizard's licence so you could be considered a hero, and the kid is a knight. Just don't get yourself killed." He took a sip of his coffee. Latte nodded, making her way to the church, gesturing for Velvet to follow her. "We'll shout for you if we need anything!"

The two made their way up the stairs, reaching the front doors as Velvet swung them open. He glanced around, the place was trashed, as someone had gone on a rampage. It wreaked of distress. Melted wax covered the tables, broken chandeliers laying on the ground and others just barely hanging on to the ceiling. broken glass was everywhere, it was so dark inside.

Latte formed a small light with her magic, starting to walk inside, Velvet nervously trailing behind her. He paused for a moment before yelling out, "HELLO?" ..a few moments later he could hear an incoherent call from what seemed to be underneath them, it was more than familiar.

Latte looked to him. "Did you hear that?" Velvet nodded. "..So that wasn't just me then, where did that even come from?" They could hear more faint yelling and screaming, two voices. "-that was definitely Madeleine.." Velvet said under his breath. he was relieved to know where Madeleine was, but he sounded in trouble, the blood-curdling screams ringing through his ears.

"It's coming from.. Down?" latte said, glancing around. "I've been in the basement before, I just don't know how to get there." "Well- should we continue on or go get 'Mond?" "Fuck it, we're already here and I don't plan on leaving without him." he paused for a moment. "God- where do we even start.."

Suddenly a knight came up to them, a bloody, strangely placed bandage wrapped over his eyes. He almost looked like he was.. Melting, his face distorted and deformed. The two could barely tell through the dark, but it sure startled them. The knight spoke, "Sorry, you're not allowed in the building while it's under investigation!"

Velvet glared at them. "What? Almond told us we were allowed here-" The knight interrupted him. "I'm afraid you'll have to take your leave," Latte spoke up, stepping forward. "No no, I assure you we're allowed here. We're looking for two people-" the knight interrupted once again. "Sorry ma'am but rules are rules, you need to leave. Now."

Velvet frowned, just about ready to but this guy up. Latte huffed, turning back. "Strange, let's go Velvet." she started making her way out. "What?? You're leaving just like that?" "You heard the knight, we're not allowed here." "He's in trouble, we both heard the same thing! We can't just go!" Latte glared at him for a moment before turning back to the door, leaving the Church.