chapter five

After the breakfast, a fat woman entered,she looks terrifying. "I don't like this woman. She is extremely wicked like, whenever you do the slightest wrong thing, she would use that as an opportunity to disgrace you. She would make a big deal out of nothing. Ughhh she can flog you for a reason that doesn't even make sense." Maya complained and I'm already afraid of her.

"Silence class" the woman shouted. Seriously? No one was even talking. "What's her name?" I asked Maya very quietly. "Her name is Mrs Bello. Now shut up" she said equally as quiet as I am.

"As every teacher as been doing as we are instructed,no teachings today only reviewing last term's topic so I will ask you all a question and if you don't get the answer correctly, then you know the rest because my questions are going to be very easy" she said with deep voice.
Weird.

She asked each student a question and thank their lucky stars,they are getting the answers correctly,even the angry goats. My heart is beating out of control cos I don't want to fail her question and get my ass beaten. She was just asking random questions so you never know where she's going to pick a question up and throw it to you.

Now it's Ibrahim's turn. I don't want to be a bad wisher if not, I would just pray for him to fail her question.
"Ibrahim, who is said to be the father of genetic?" She asked him this question and it threw him off guard. He seems to think for a while.

"No idea ma" he bluntly said. "What?? Ibrahim, you don't know this? I'm sure you have did this in your past class. You are one of the most intelligent student in this class so how comes you don't have an idea on it? This is a shame" Mrs Bello shouted.

Ohk. So this Ibrahim of a boy is intelligent,why is he now a bully?why?

Mrs Bello eyes scanned the class probably checking who she would call to answer Ibrahim's question. I hope her eyes doesn't land on me. Oh lord please not me. Although I know the answer but I'm not ready to be point out.

"You with the glasses...." Mrs Bello started
Oh shit
"You are a new student here aren't you?" She asked and I nodded. "You heard the question I asked Ibrahim, answer it" she commanded

My palms are now sweaty. Oh lord
"Uhmm, the father of genetic is Gregor Mendel" I answered. "Excellent. Now Ibrahim, I would ask you another question and if you fail it and this girl answer it, then she will discipline you" she said with seriousness

Oh no. Ibrahim I hope you get it, I don't want to land myself in trouble.

"I'm going to ask you a question base on what I know you know. It was the school show on science day last year so you have to remember it. What did Gregor Mendel use to carry out his research?"

I wanted to mouth the answer to him but he didn't even look my way. Suddenly, his head snapped up to me with evil grin when Mrs Bello wasn't looking.
I think is an idea that he came up with. Maybe he knows the answer

You better know the answer

"He used mangoes to carry out his research" he answered confidently.
Whaaaatt??!
I know by this evil smirk he's giving to me he knows the answer.

Mrs Bello's eyes went wide"Ibrahim. What?what has gotten into you? "She questioned and he looked down. " you answer it "she said pointing at me. " he use peas"I said and she claps

"Good. What's your name?" She asked "Ummul Khair" I answered. "Now take this cane and flog him" she commanded and every where went pin drop silent

No way!!!

_______________