Chapter fifty one

Normally, people would have said they fluttered their eyes open and shut it back because of the bright light in the room but in my case,it was different.

I struggled to open my eyes and when I finally did,I saw nothing but darkness. I used my fingers to feel my eyes and they were opened.

Am I blind?

That's the questioned that ran through my mind. I panicked.

I closed my eyes and opened them repeatedly but all I saw was darkness with no sign of light at all.

This can't be!

And I broke down in sobs. What have I ever done to Smith to deserve this? If I did something to him unknowingly,he should have told me to apologize to him and I will without thought.

I roamed my hands on my body in search of purse or phone but I couldn't find any. It was just me,my cloth and my veil.

I got up and walked as slowly as possible to find the nearest wall. I was walking but couldn't find any wall. Am I in a forest or something?

My leg hit something and I quickly bent down to pick it. I spun the thing around and felt every part of it but I couldn't tell what it was.

"Its a dead vulture." A voice from nowhere said and I immediately released the thing and crawled backward.

"Who are you? And where am I?" I whispered cos I didn't know where my loud voice went. I was waiting for a reply but I got none.

Was it just a random hunter? If he was,then he should've helped the poor me.

I slowly lied down and held my knees in serious sobs and I was just praying in my mind. But just why will smith dump me in a forest after making me loose my consciousness? I tried everything I could with my eyes but they were now less than useful.

Its official.

I'm blind and in forest.
......
I never knew how long I cried for but I just knew two things. I became blind instantly and I passed out from crying too much.

I tried opening my eyes again hoping to see light and I got just that only that the light was way too much that I have to close my eyes again.

Blinking few times trying to adjust to the bright light coming from where I was,I couldn't. It was just rays of flash light penetrating into my tired eyes.

Was I still blind? Was this different stages of blindness?

Firstly,I saw nothing but pitch black and now,just for me to open my eyes, all I saw was pure white.

I'm doomed.

But how was that even possible? It doesn't make any logical sense but considering I've got vision issues before,it might a reasonable meaning.

If this was how being blind felt,then I feel sorry for all the blind people in the world. Its so frustrating that you can't see a thing. Those people who were blind since birth, I wonder how they're coping and I prayed the Almighty return their sights as soon as possible.

I tried getting down from where I found myself lying down and that's when I noticed how soft that surface was. I roamed my hands around it and came to a conclusion that it was a super comfortable bed.

Okay!

I got down from the bed and walked carefully so that I could grab anything. Anything at all. I  shivered immediately my feet touched the very cold tiles. I didn't mind it as I walked further.

"Geez girl. Where are you heading to?" Smith asked. I knew his stupid voice without seeing his useless face.

"Smith!" I gritted.